PDA

View Full Version : blood pressure

lorraine
31-01-13, 09:59
hi

few months back had a palp attack lasted ages did my blood pressure it was 178/154 pulse 170 was really freaking out called an abulance by the time the abulance got there it had gone back down to normal 120/78 my pulse was still 178 they got it down to 130 but i could not calm down. In the morning went to dr they gaveme beta blockers stayed on that for two weeks been ok since. Scared this is going to happen again and that i will have stroke.

Had echo treadmill ect all normal about 3 yrs ago. Has anybody else had high pressure like that.

Lorraine

JulieJay92
31-01-13, 14:57
my hubby has same bp and is on blood pressure tablets for life now but the tablets have lowered his bp to 138/88

ricardo
31-01-13, 15:15
BP varies every few minutes.Just keep an eye on it , say over a few weeks and take it when you feel a little less anxious. You can buy a wrist BP gauge which are reasonably accurate.

You may need medication if it persists to be high but all cases are different and even if you do need to take them it maybe for just a short time.Check back with your doctor.