PDA

View Full Version : freaking outtt

KaylaSoares
31-01-13, 10:51
I had quite a bit to drink last night, and I woke up feeling extremely dizzy and shaky, I'm also getting palpitations and feel like I'm going to die. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with sertraline which I am currently taking. help please

vicky23
31-01-13, 11:14
A lot of people with anxiety find that alcohol can increase their anxiety the morning after. If you think about having a hangover those horrible symptoms can seem a lot like anxiety symptoms and so your brain starts to sense danger and releases more adrenaline which causes more symptoms!! it's a vicious circle.
Nothing harmful just normal anxiety symptoms triggered by the alcohol you had and they will pass

rcs
31-01-13, 12:34
You will feel better tomorrow keep hydrated, shower and try and eat some soup later,if you have had hangovers before you know it will get better even by tonight . Alcohol is a stimulant so you get a high from it and then a low but in your case if suffer from anxiety you can get an extreme low and it can cancel out any benefits of medication.
I have drunk heavily myself and i know it is easier said than done but try and keep drinking in moderation.

Take Care...:)

KaylaSoares
31-01-13, 12:44
thanks so much guys, I'm never drinking again I don't even enjoy it, I just get pressured into doing it

Anxious_gal
31-01-13, 18:25
Alcohol dehydrates you, causing anxiety.
It lowers your blood sugar making you hungry n causing anxiety.
It then speeds up your heart rate causing anxiety/plapitations.

Next time eat food, drink water and maybe a sugary drink, it'll keep you hydrated and keep up the blood sugar.
Then drink some more fluids again before bed : )

Col
31-01-13, 22:20
Please 4 your own sake if u feel this bad - keep booze to a minimum nxt time.