PDA

View Full Version : 2 meetings tomorrow, negative/positive thoughts

Annie0904
31-01-13, 11:19
Tomorrow I have an ATOS assessment in the morning and a sickness review in the afternoon :( I guess in one way it will be better getting them both over with in one day but I am starting to feel anxious. My step daughter is taking me to the ATOS assessment in the morning and my Union rep to the sickness review. I woke up this morning with high anxiety after quite a good week. I have made myself get up though. When I get the horrid thoughts about the meetings I am changing them to positive ones like what will be will be and what is the worst that can happen and if it does, so what!. BUT...my thoughts are starting to argue with each other :) Does anyone else find that? My therapist told me to write down the changes to my thoughts when I change to a positive but she never said what to do if they argue with each other :D Does this make sense to anyone or is it just my overactive mind?

Magic
31-01-13, 12:12
Dear Annie,
I have an over active mind. How can a person shut down? other people seem to not have a care in the world.
I write things down . I have diarys from 2007 it does help to get things off your chest, In fact I have just destroyed some old diaries, as i could not believe what I had written---but at that time I was very low.
My hubby keeps on saying, even today, stop worrying BUT????????????
Good luck Anniexx

Annie0904
31-01-13, 12:17
My husband says that to me too :) I write things down too. I remember when I was in primary school, I was often told I was 'daydreaming again'' or praised for my story writing saying 'what a good imagination I Have' My imagination runs away from me now but usually onto more negative things :(

jill
31-01-13, 12:19
Hi hun :D:hugs:

Ohhhh makes lots of sense to me.

When we start to begin to change the way we think is does not happen over night, it takes time, practice practice practice, until our thoughts go into automatic pilot, so to speak.

When we are acute our thought pattens are in auto in a negative way, so we need to change things around, learn how to reassure ourselves, so it becomes an automatic response in a more reassuring way, feeling NORMAL nervousness, in circumstances, like what you are about to do, you will feel some form of nervousness, but because you are acute, in tends to spiral, so we need to learn how to reassure ourselves and bring in down to a normal level.

Haha NOW AM I making any sense LOL

The fact that you are arguing with yourself is GREAT hun, this is normal.

All I can say is what I did, YES, in my head argue with myself, tell Mrs anxiety to fu*k of*, anything, tell Mr A she could do what she liked even talk to Mr A and gave her permission to come with me.

I did a lot of arguing with myself.

You ARE doing really well and you want Mr A with you in both meeting, AFTER all, this is why these meeting are taking place.

Hope this has been of some help, even if its just knowing, your not alone

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

Annie0904
31-01-13, 12:24
Thank you Jill, pleased to know I am not the only one :) At least I notice what is happening now and maybe that will help me send the negatives away. I have also noticed when all this is going on that my eyes move quicker...like i am looking at one thought then the other as if they are people. Arrgh..I really sound like I am going crazy now :D

jill
31-01-13, 13:00
Hi Hun :D:hugs:

Your not going crazy, :hugs: I have known Mrs anxiety for many many years, ( a lot better these days thanks to this great site) and there is no supprise in what Mr A can have us thinking.

You have a challenge AND YOU WILL rise to that challenge and do what is needed to be done, no matter how you feel, you have courege and strength and the support of your step daughter, take her in with you in BOTH interviews.

YOU CAN do this,:yesyes:

TAKE CARE:yesyes:

LOVE JILL XXX

Annie0904
31-01-13, 13:19
She can only go to the morning one with me but I will have mu union rep at the afternoon one and he is really good.
Thank you for your advise Jill xx