PDA

View Full Version : This can't be in my head!!

Poopsi
31-01-13, 13:41
Something is wrong with me, I know it!! I swear I have the beginning stages of MS! I've had a clinical exam, blood work, and an EMG- all came back normal! My dr thinks it's anxiety, but I just don't believe it! I only have one symptom- I get tingling when touched a certain way, in my legs, arms, stomach and back! She is saying its a hypersensitivity due to anxiety and stress. Do I have anxiety, yes I do, bc I started feeling these weird tinglings in my body, then I started having anxiety. About 1 week b4 the tingling started my daughter got severely sick, I was so scared, I didn't eat for two days, lost weight, cried, just freaked out! After she was better I was back to myself again! I have been dealing with a lot this year with my husband and even a miscarriage about 5 months ago! I do worry a lot, but I dont think my anxiety started until after I felt the tingling. Sometimes I will feel anxious and I will be touched an I won't feel it, and sometimes I won't be feeling anxious and I will still feel it! I've never made up symptoms b4! I have always thought the worst though with other health issues I've had, like a thyroid cyst and a parotid tumor, both were benign but I swore they were going to be cancerous! I just don't know what to do! My dr suggests that I start spending some more time on myself, get out of the house, hang out with friends, go to the gym and she thinks it will go away! I need to stop thinking about it, but it's hard when my daughter is crawling all over me and I feel it! I just think it's too early to tell that I have MS! What should I do?!?! Does anyone else feel this way?

Thank u!!

AuntieMoosie
31-01-13, 13:52
Hello there,

I don't think you've got MS either hun. Your doctor would know how to pick up the symptoms of that and I'm sure if they had the slightest suspicion that you had MS they would have sent you for further investigations :)

Your doctor is right in that anxiety and panic can cause you to feel sensitive, If I'm really anxious and especially if I'm having a panic attack, every sound gets magnified in my ears, so I guess it would probably have the same effect with your skin too :)

Let what your doctor has said reassure you, they wouldn't mislead you. Try to keep yourself busy and distracted from those scary thoughts and, whatever you do, stay away from Dr Google, he doesn't help you :hugs:

fruity
31-01-13, 14:01
THE SENSATIONS YOU ARE FEELING ARE REAL BUT NOT DANGEROUS. U HAVE NOT GOT MS. U,ME&EVERYBODY ON HERE AS ANXIETY & WHATEVER. & U KNOW DEEP DOWN THATS TRUE! I,VE HAD ANXIETY & PANIC FOR ALMOST 5YRS & I HAVE HAD EVERY SINGLE SENSATION..... SCALP,HEAD,EARS,EYES,NOSE,LIPS,FACE,NECK,SHOULDERS ,ARMS,FINGERS,BACK,BODY ALL OVER LEGS. U NAME EVERYTHING. & WE WILL KEEP MOANING WON,T WE BECAUSE IT,S SO REAL WE THINK WE HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEMS. WHEN REALY IT,S NOTHING COMPARED TO THE PEOPLE WHO ARE REALY POORLY. XXXXX WE AM SELFISH BUT WE DON,T MEAN TO BE DO WE WE CAN,T HELP IT. XXXXXX :bighug1:

nomoreworries25
31-01-13, 15:38
A friend of mine has MS. Gets started with numbness in her leg, at first she thought it was a slipped disc due to her job, but the numbness in the leg got worse and worse (MS also runs in her family), since she's had none stop things occur and is very fatigued. I'd say if its just tingling your experiencing it more than likely is anxiety because I think if it were MS you'd have more symptoms or they would be getting increasingly worse.
Either way bug hugs sounds like a stressful time you've had xx

Anxious_gal
31-01-13, 18:20
Nearly all anxiety symptoms are also ms symptoms.
With ms they get progressively worse.
Hmm would going to a nurologist help? They deal with those types if things.

Did you have your b12 tested? I just had mine done, but often they only check the iron levels so that was my first b12 test.
If your b12 is any way low, even low normal it can cause all sorts of symptoms as you need the b12 for your nerves.

If you have a trapped nerve, back problems, tense muscles that can cause tingling too.

Poopsi
31-01-13, 19:38
The dr I've been going to is a physiatrist, she deals with MS and nerve problems. I had my b12 tested and it was actually above normal, not low. I did throw my back out twice over the summer, but that wouldn't explain why it's in my arms. I don't know what to do! My GP prescribed me some Xanax! Should I take it? I'm nervous if I take it and I still have symptoms, I'm gonna be even more of a wreck!

Anxious_gal
31-01-13, 23:26
I get tingling in my elbows and sometimes the edges of my hands, I know it's due to my back because when I shrug my shoulders it changes the sensation of the tingling.
Well if the Xanax gets rid of the symptoms then you'd know it was anxiety.
If it's a regular hard pill you can half it and try it out maybe before bed.
It makes you feel a bit happier, tired, a bit like when you have one drink.
It doesn't make you feel drugged up or affect your thinking at the regular dosages.
Be careful taking it every day, as they are very addictive, but if taken now and again they are usually fine.