PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

Pilchard
31-01-13, 16:48
First of all, apologies for starting a new thread on something that I presume has been raised hundreds of times before. Didn't want to hijack someone else's thread.

My OH has been prescribed Citalopram for depression and panic attacks and she is really struggling with the side effects (mainly nausea). Now I should point out that she only started taking this yesterday and I'm aware from reading other posts that this is a common side effect and it should wear off. Unfortunately she is already adamant that she is not taking it again but I will try to persuade her otherwise later.

My question is what can I do to help is through what is obviously a horrible time she is going through. Obviously I will support her as much as I can but it's not always easy to do this especially when I'm at work.

Thanks to everyone.

grace37
01-02-13, 17:23
oh bless ya I know her feeling to well and you just being there will help her my partner works away in the week so it can be quite hard a don't know if cbt is avalible where you are she could ask her doc. But just taking some meds will help balance you out I don't sleep well on them which is another side effect but the good they do out ways that xx

jane1
01-02-13, 22:35
hi i was started on citalopram an at first daren,t take them because of what the doctor said about the side affects an reading how other people had been affected but then i read on here about a woman who cut her 10mgs in half an started on 5mgs so i did the same still felt sick dizzy but only for 2 days after that ok now on 20mgs an haven,t had anymore side affect tell your other half to keep going after a few weeks they make you feel alot better im 100% better than what i was without them.