PDA

View Full Version : its just getting worse and i hate it

mrs way to worried
31-01-13, 19:50
all day i have felt like someone has their hand around my throat on one side under my chin is swollen my jaw is painfull my cheek is hot and swollen its just getting worse and worse i cant swallow properly i can feel lumps under my chin and its all on one side i cant stop paniking i have listed it down to a few things
mouth cancer
tounge cancer
lymphoma
thyroid cancer
i cant deal with it i just cant i can feel the panic taking over me that its to late i hate getting to this point where i just wanna end my life if it wasnt for my kids i would

TotallyBonkers
31-01-13, 20:00
hi mrswaytoworried

Please try not to worry, here is a list of other things it could be

Infection in one of the glands in the neck
Start of an infection in the gum/tooth
Ear Infection

These three are to name but a few of the more likely things it can be. Please try to rationalise as much as you can (I know easier said than done).

Try taking some pain relief perhaps and see what that does, and put a compress to your face where the swelling is and see if that helps at all.

If you are really worried see your GP who I am sure will put your mind at ease and say that it is none of the things you are worrying about, and be able to give you some suggestions to help you feel better

mrs way to worried
31-01-13, 20:05
i have an appointment but not until monday i dunno how i will cope until then ,i feel like my throat is closing up

TotallyBonkers
31-01-13, 20:26
Can you go to the out of hours GP? if it is making you feel that bad then its best to go and get it checked out incase you need some antibiotics, as if it is an infection then that will sort it out very quickly for you.

mrs way to worried
31-01-13, 20:27
my out of hours is an hours walk away , i dont feel ill i just hate that my face and neck feel swollen

TotallyBonkers
31-01-13, 20:31
honestly think the best thing to do is to try to address the swelling, so try a compress on it, have you checked the nhs site as that can give more detailed information for treatment at home until you can get to your gp. Hope the swelling settles down soon for you

mrs way to worried
31-01-13, 21:27
I'm just so scared that this is it this is what I've been waiting for the moment the doctors admit they were wrong and they should have taken me seriously but now its to late and I'm terminal I have no control of it I'm going to have to leave my kids