PDA

View Full Version : Never thought I could do this :)

Laurenita
01-02-13, 08:37
Okay, so it's been around four weeks since I've been on NMP! I can proudly say that I no longer suffer from anxiety or depression :) my levels are that of a normal person ( perhaps even a laid-back normal person haha.)

My worries have became thoughts that pass with time. I don't react to them, I don't fight them and I've began to accept uncertainty.

My ROCD has disappeared, as well, I'm now a single! After three and a half years, my boyfriend left me 2 weeks ago due to my 'anxiety and depression.' I was distraught at first, however after a day I rationalised and realised he doesn't deserve me. At that point, I was honestly 70% better. Right now, I'd honestly say I'm 90%. Yeah, I still have the odd worry that other people might now but I've accepted it and moved on for it.

My life no longer revolves around my anxiety. It's simply just another quirky part of me :)

What helped me?
CBT
'The Imp of the mind'
A better diet
Keeping active ( no, not exercise- just getting out!)
Not getting people to treat me differently
Music
Other people
This site!
Green tea :)
CITALOPRAM!
A strong support network

Honestly, I never thought I could ever overcome this. My next step is to work on my self-esteem and finally start to like myself :)
If I can do it, ANYBODY CAN!

wayne7
02-02-13, 07:42
Hello, that is wonderful and makes me so happy to read your post. i get ocd and GAD and have suffered for 10 years. really pleased for you and it gives me hope. i too am on citralopam, what dose are you on. my ocd even makes it hard to post on here for all to see. i am so pleased you feel a lot better and hope i can get to that level too.
Thanks.

Baggs
02-02-13, 09:05
well done xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Daisy Sue
02-02-13, 09:24
you sound very proud, and so you should be :) well done!

BobbyDog
02-02-13, 14:23
Very well done, what a massive change in your attitude. The only way to beat this illness is by accepting the negative feelings we have and taking positive steps to move forwards.

Sparkle1984
02-02-13, 20:02
Congratulations, you have done very well and come a long way in the last few weeks. :) Well done!

Annie0904
02-02-13, 20:07
Well done, really pleased to hear this :yahoo:

Habeebi
02-03-13, 07:56
Well done I notice cbt was high on the list...I'm starting that in the next couple of weeks but really sceptical x

Tessar
02-03-13, 08:49
Excellent news and thanku for sharing why has helped up!

Annip
04-03-13, 09:23
Laurenita
What an inspirational post. I have written it down so I can read it often. Well done.

saro
04-03-13, 09:31
Thats brilliant news lauren!!! So glad you are feeling a whole lot better :D xx

Lissa101
04-03-13, 18:56
Well done chick! So glad to hear a happy ending :) Did the Citalopram work out in the end after the bad side effects? xxx