PDA

View Full Version : Help.. i feel like i'm really losing it :(

tasha87
01-02-13, 12:36
Hi all,

I really am at the end of my tether. i don't know what to do anymore, i feel like im going insane. I've been on zoloft for a month now, i thought i was getting better, after some nasty side effects like nausea, even vomited once or twice, muscle pains etc. I went back to work this week after 6 weeks off. Mistake, i think. I started to get headaches, brain zaps and tremors while at work, then at home in the evening i just feel completely out of it. Its like I'm not really there, dizzy, off balance etc. Maybe its tiredness from not being used to it?

I actually scared myself awhile ago, i felt like i was actually losing control and started freaking out talking to myself and pacing around. I feel immense anger and short tempered as well. I really feel paranoid and "loopy".

I am wondering if it is the Zoloft or if i need to change meds. I shouldn't be feeling like this after over 4 weeks of medication surely?

Please feel free to reply with any advice, i feel like i am in a very dark place at the moment :(

Tasha x

skippy66
01-02-13, 14:29
Come off the meds, you can beat health anxiety without them.

Twinsmummy
01-02-13, 15:06
Hi, I don't know your history but if you feel worse on the meds than you did before, I think you'll need to come off them, but I'm not sure if you need to wean your dosage down. Perhaps you could call your GP before the weekend or try your pharmacist, they can be really helpful.

I'm sorry you are feeling so low, take care.
Cc

tasha87
01-02-13, 15:16
Thanks guys.

I think i should book an appt with my GP and discuss it there. It's a catch 22 because my HA has lessened to an extent, as in i don't end up in full blown panic mode over a twinge.

But if they are affecting me to this extent then i would think i need to come off them.

Thanks for the advice :)

Tash

Anxious_gal
01-02-13, 15:30
Tell your GP about the symptoms just in case they are caused by the meds.