PDA

View Full Version : I don't think I should take my pill tonight...

LockedShut
04-09-06, 02:48
I'm on 10mg Citalopram. I've been on it since the 25th of August, so little over a week.

I don't want to take them tonight. Or again. I feel really f***ing awful. I've been dizzy all day. I barely dragged myself out of bed at about 8.30 PM.

I think if I stop now, I'll be fine. I just can't take side effects. I've had no life for the last week. I think I should stop.

And I think they're for anxiety, when I'm severely depressed. I get anxious. But it's not like it's my biggest problem, you know.

I need to know what anyone else things. And quick! Because it's real late I should try to get a healthy sleeping pattern.

I should stop them, right now, shouldn't I?
Anyone?
xo

LockedShut
04-09-06, 03:19
I didn't take them...

I'll be "depressed chick". I can't deal with the side effects.

I won't take them again...

traciec39
04-09-06, 03:39
I know how u feel, but the side effects dont last for long. Maybe u need to try another type of tablet.
We seem to accept depression as our fate but it doesnt have to be. Citralpram isnt great for helping you sleep and for the 1st 2 weeks u can actually feel worse, but if u feel its making u ill then u should stop and see your doc.
Hope you feel better in the morning
take care
luv tracie

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

Chellec
05-09-06, 11:28
Hi there

I have been on Citalopram ( Cipralex ) for 6 weeks, I felt awful as well at first so I started to take them at night time- BIG difference. The dizziness ect has really calmed down. I like a glass of vino a few times a week and a few more at weekends :’) and that makes me feel worse the next day- kinda increases the hangover but even that has got better as the weeks go by. Trust me I felt the exact same as you- I’m on them for severe panic attacks and depression and they are really starting to work. I think I have OCD- well in my thoughts not so much my actions which I have been having a terrible time with and these tablets are also helping that- I thought they made it worse before but can see now that If I look after myself and live healthily- they really help- try and ride it out- I honestly know how your feeling but there is a light at the end of the tunnel

Take care and let me know how you’re getting on
xxxx

Chellec
05-09-06, 11:32
Hi there

I have been on Citalopram ( Cipralex ) for 6 weeks, I felt awful as well at first so I started to take them at night time- BIG difference. The dizziness ect has really calmed down. I like a glass of vino a few times a week and a few more at weekends :’) and that makes me feel worse the next day- kinda increases the hangover but even that has got better as the weeks go by. Trust me I felt the exact same as you- I’m on them for severe panic attacks and depression and they are really starting to work. I think I have OCD- well in my thoughts not so much my actions which I have been having a terrible time with and these tablets are also helping that- I thought they made it worse before but can see now that If I look after myself and live healthily- they really help- try and ride it out- I honestly know how your feeling but there is a light at the end of the tunnel

Take care and let me know how you’re getting on
xxxx

LockedShut
06-09-06, 01:57
I've decided that maybe what I need is to see if there's a different pill for me. I've been off citalopram for 4 days now. No withdrawal and I feel fine again, aside from the raging depression, of course!

I did take them at night but it seemed the effects lasted throughout the next day. I was constantly dizzy and nauseous. I had no appetite, etc.

Even the diazepam I've been taken for sleep problems doesn't seem to be working. Maybe pills don't like me!

I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow (Thursday) so I can ask for a different pill. Or maybe none at all. I don't know. Haven't decided yet. But I definately need something to help me sleep... It's 2 am. Took 4mg diazepam an hour ago. And don't feel sleepy, quite the opposite, I laid down in bed and got jumpy.

So I'm up, waiting for the Flinstones to come on at 3 ^_^

I'll keep y'all posted!
xo

Sonusthree
08-09-06, 10:42
Hi, LS.
I know what you mean about citalopram. If you can possibly stick it out a while longer then please do because no medication is perfect.
Personally I have had issues with almost every medication that I've been given so far but I think I'm an extreme case. The truth is that everyone is different and what works for one person........
I'm sure you'll find something that agrees with you soon.

Diazapam is a funny thing. It's there as our safety net. Everyone knows if you take it too often it will become less effective but a surprising problem I have found is that if you take it and simply expect it to fix you in twenty minutes then it sometimes doesn't work as well because you wind yourself up so much while waiting for it to kick in.
Then comes the negative thought spiral....."Its not working it should be working by now..... I must be really ill....."
Best wishes,
S3

"I have learned from my mistakes—and I’m sure I could repeat them exactly.”

Two heads
09-09-06, 20:35
Sorry you feel so horrid hun!But please try to stick with it for a few weeks as it really does take a good six weeks to really work.Ive been on it for six months and it does take the edge off things.
Good luckxxx

Phill2
18-09-06, 05:45
Hi Chellec
Hate to tell you but Cipralex is a differnet drug to Citalopram. Cipralex has a lot less side effects.
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

twister
22-09-06, 17:54
When I first took Cipralex at night I had terrible nightmares and couldn't sleep. I switched to the morning and the side effects ended.

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad