PDA

View Full Version : Bad heart?

Em.ma
01-02-13, 14:05
Hello.
I'm scared I have a bad heart now!
I sweat like a pig doing the simplest tasks and am bey very very unfit.
All through my teenage years I ate a lot of bacon, cheese , butter all foods very very high in fat all the time. Oh an marmite and full fat mayo
I could easily slather on a half a block of cheese for cheese and toast.
Now am scared I have so much fat that will clog my arteries up.
Even now I read the labels on food and one yoghurt was 15 per cent of my daily intake of saturates!! I must go way over thr limit the day if that's the limit?
Mi milk in porridge is another 11 per cent worth of saturates.
I never add extra salt to my meals anymore.
I used to but have stopped.
I read labels on food and my yogurt was 22 per cent of sugar a day and some foods are so high in salt and fat like ham which I thought was ok ish for you is crap according to the figures.
Thinking of starting to go from semi skimmed milk to skimmed. Buying fat free yoghurts etc etc.
My milkshake said only 2.1 per cent fat but reading more of the label it's 22 per cent daily intake of saturates! It's crazy!
Even stuff like cereal bars so high in fat and other crap!

malibupete
01-02-13, 14:08
Emma,

I've been worrying about my heart too recently - I'm 28 years old and massively overweight. But as my doctor recently told me, it's very rare indeed to have heart problems at 28, even at my size. So you're almost certainly fine - never too late to start eating healthier though! :)

Pete

Em.ma
01-02-13, 14:12
Thanks.
I thought I was doing good this week until I read the labels on food.
Porridge
Fruit for a snack mid morning as I have breaky at 6am for work
Lunch- jacket potato or a sandwich with tuna, egg, ham, cheese and tomatoes etc etc. or beans on jacket
Dinner. Have had cottage pie this week, lamb roast , chicken stir fry etc etc. so not to unhealthy but even the fat in my lamb and minced beef really shocked me.
Oh am only 8 stone something but a short arse at 5 foot 1. Bit of fat on belly nothing major.
Still worried as I get older mainly.
My food sounded healthy this week until read what was in it.

malibupete
01-02-13, 14:14
I think it's probably safe to say you have nothing whatsoever to worry about on this front at the moment :D

skippy66
01-02-13, 14:25
Remember that cheese is safe to eat as long as you don't grate it.

Em.ma
01-02-13, 18:34
Remember that cheese is safe to eat as long as you don't grate it.

:yesyes:
Will remember that one :roflmao:

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Also unrelated but don't want to start a new thread.
Yesterday at work by accident I smalled my finger in between a very heavy metal jaws. Like a small door on a machine made of heavy metal. It twkes a lot of effort to close it and i forgot to move hand out the way then bam it was slammed in. It Hurt badly my eyes watered and I have a very high pain tolerance. It's not broken or bruised looking but man it hurts to touch and there's something sticking out of it like a lump bit worried about the bone.
I have full movement and full sensation in the finger.

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

Rarely have a take away but tonight have had fish n chip from thr chippy and their small was massive but I ate it all :(
Last take away was in November of last year .
I also had porridge for breaky
A banana
Lunch- crumpets and a yoghurt.

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

I regret it now smelling all that oil and fat from the left overs that will go into my system.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

Also I worry my constant stress is causing a strain on my heart.
This weekend I'm meant to be getting my hair done and I need to get a few things from the shops and then spending it with my nan a few miles away but i don't know if I'm up to it :(

lizzie29
01-02-13, 18:40
Hi Emma. You can't change the past, so just try to eat healthily now and get exercise. The odd takeaway etc won't harm, but if you were that worried about fat then why go and buy fish and chips?! It's only made you worry more.
Was it this week you went back to the docs?

Em.ma
01-02-13, 18:43
No last week lizzie.
In the process of waiting for cbt now . In the meantime seeing doc every two weeks aswell.
Undecided on the medication whether or not to try it. I really don't want to.
When mum and dad said fish n chips earlier thought they meant from thr freezer not until she bought it home I realised haha

lizzie29
01-02-13, 18:49
Did they say how long the waiting list is? What it is that worries you about meds?

Em.ma
01-02-13, 19:11
The side effects.
Not the minor ones like headaches
But the possibility of a major reaction.
I worry that it will actaully cause me more anxiety.
About 2 months x

lizzie29
01-02-13, 21:41
2 months isn't too bad. Did your doc recommend meds or up to you? I had only slight side effects, but nothing major, hardly noticeable. I thought they were great but everyone is different. You'd be VERY unlucky to have a major reaction, it's so rare. Think of all the people on here that take meds and I've never read about a major reaction.
You could always see how the cbt helps without the meds, then if it helps loads you may not see a need.
Hope you get the cbt soon, it's great!

Em.ma
03-02-13, 11:02
He gave me the option of taking meds.
I didn't think two months was to bad either.
Thank you :)