PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Anxiety

Syd08
01-02-13, 15:13
Hi,
I haven't posted for a while as I find I'm only drawn to this site when I'm struggling with anxiety. On a positive note I've had quite a happy, anxiety free 6 months or so where I've started a new job (which has definitely helped me, despite never thinking I'd be able to do it).
Lately I've been feeling anxious again and had trouble sleeping (my main problem) which is so disheartening as I really started to feel I was overcoming anxiety once and for all.
I was just wondering though if anyone else generally feels that there anxiety is not caused by anything in particular?
I'm definitely a worrier in general, I often think the worst and sometimes suffer from health and social anxiety but I find that the intense feeling of dread and being edge just comes out of the blue and can last 5 minutes or a whole night even though I'm not actually worrying about anything.
I've suffered this on and off for about 5 years now and I can definitely see how my childhood and teen years contributed but the frustrating thing is not knowing what I'm worrying about and therefore how to deal with it.
Can anyone relate?

Annie0904
01-02-13, 15:40
I can relate in fact your post just sounds like me. It doesn't have to be a particular reason. I can just be sitting watching TV or reading a book and it is like a dark cloud suddenly comes over me and my heart starts to race.