PDA

View Full Version : Upper and lower abdominal pain.

Jsp
01-02-13, 18:47
I'm so fed up with it all. If it's not one thing it's another thing :(.

It started about a week ago, when I was feeling very bloated and a little sick for a few days along with stomach acid reflux (I get this a lot. I take Omeprazole 20mg for it) and with a lot of burping (to the point that if I even take just one bite of food I burp several times, quite loudly!) and passing wind. This passed kind of, but about three days ago, I started experiencing a niggling, achey pain right of my chest bone, where your liver and gallbladder would be located. The pain is still there, and it lingers around that area going onto the side of my ribcage.

This pain has also moved downwards into my bowels. Niggling pains, mainly on the right side of my lower abdomen but also sometimes on the left side, with sometimes a constant irritable feeling and a lot of "gurgling down there". I noticed that this was worse the other day after having a bowel movement, but have not felt like that since. I've been going to the toilet fine, sometimes a bit loose but nowhere close enough to call it diarrhea. No blood or anything like that either.

The pain is not excruciating or anything, but it is enough for me to be worried about it.

I saw the nurse today as I couldn't get an appointment before the weekend with my doctor. She said she can't diagnose me, but said it sounds like it is due to it being irritable (I assume she was hinting at IBS but wasn't allowed to explicitly say it), and if it gets worse over the weekend I can always see an out-of-hours GP or go to a walk-in center, or A&E if it gets really painful.

I'm just so worried. The frequent burping, bloated feeling, pain high up in my abdomen on the right side and lower down in my lower abdomen, could it all be due to IBS? I didn't think your bowels started a few inches under your nipples :/! I'm worried it's due to gallbladder or my liver or something like that.

PinkRoxy
01-02-13, 21:46
IBS is usually the whole digestive system. I know a lot of ibs sufferes that also get reflux and tummy problems. But if you are worried then maybe ask for a referral to get a gastroscopy done to make sure their isn't anything going on inside.

I think it could be a case of ibs with reflux disease too. I would just keep working with your doctor for the right medication to help you in the meantime.

Jsp
02-02-13, 01:05
Yeah maybe I should ask for one to clear anything up.

Also, I'm finding it very hard to pass gas or deficate... Not due to constipation, but I feel as if my muscles aren't allowing it! As if they've lost all they're strength, or have completely tensed up. I'm so worried :(

PinkRoxy
02-02-13, 06:54
Maybe try something like de gas tablets or enos. I don't know what medications you have where you live but there will be some at a pharmacy theres heaps that will help you pass wind. I get that its like trapped wind and it can give you really painful tummy aches.