PDA

View Full Version : anyone had angina?

anx mum
01-02-13, 21:22
With angina do u get a constant pain in arm? My arm and shoulder is killing me im so scared also my chest hurts wed maybe il get some answers

nomorepanic
01-02-13, 21:34
Are you seeing the cardiologist on Wednesday? Have they said what they are looking for now?

anx mum
01-02-13, 21:47
yeah just said there are small changes in my ecg the pain is awful in shoulder and chest on morphrine

nomorepanic
01-02-13, 22:16
So do you know what they are going to do on Wednesday?

What is the treatment for a frozen shoulder?

anx mum
02-02-13, 13:43
physio said it isnt a frozen shoulder so no not sure what there gonna do hopefully find out whats going on with pains chest and arm

nomorepanic
02-02-13, 14:04
Oh have you had physio already?

I have been waiting a few weeks for my referral

xBettyBoopx
02-02-13, 18:41
I expect everyone is different. My mum had angina but she didn't have constant pain in her chest or arm. I can't remember what tests she had done becoz it was a long while ago but doc gave her something to put under her tongue when she got the pain. If your pain is constant it wouldn't be angina, you don't get pain all the time with it, and if it was a heart attack, again, the pain wouldn't be constant for all this time. I am no expert of course.

Betty xx

anx mum
02-02-13, 20:46
not sure now cos morphine helping with pain seems to be more in chest now although my shoulder has been taped think this has helped. Can u remember how long your mum had pain for? what made it better?

xBettyBoopx
03-02-13, 00:41
not sure now cos morphine helping with pain seems to be more in chest now although my shoulder has been taped think this has helped. Can u remember how long your mum had pain for? what made it better?

Mum got angina on excertion and she was very naughty and wouldn't stop what she was doing!! So she had the pain for longer than she should which wasn't long after she had taken the medication under the tongue (can't remember what it's called). Although you are scared that you have angina, it's not a death sentence. My mum didn't die of it nor heart problems. I know that you are worried sick but you have had all the tests, they would have showed up something. It's easy for any of us to tell you to stop worrying and I know what it's like to think the worst. Take care.

nomorepanic
03-02-13, 01:01
It is a GTN spray - I have one

PinkRoxy
03-02-13, 03:58
My granddad had angina and I remember he use to complain about arm and shoulder pain a lot. He had this spray that he took which would help ease the pain.

I think it could be related to your angina. I hope everything goes alright for you.