PDA

View Full Version : Hi, back...

ReissG
01-02-13, 23:20
So my last visit here was my panic about a sebaceous Cyst that my Dr says is absolutely okay!

My problem at the moment is recurring sore throat!

Three weeks ago I had tonsillitis, a week of anti biotics and it was gone, two weeks later I was picking at my tonsil to get tonsil stones out (I know gross) and it bled a littlle. After 2 days my tonsil got sore and hurt when I swallowed, I got worried and instantly thought omg recurring sore throat, throat cancer!
The sore throat has gone now lol after 2 days.
I am just so worried that this tiny 5mm moveable soft bump on my neck that isn't a gland is actually some tumour growing off my neck and not a cyst. I'm scared all these sore throats and allergy problems are actually oral cancer or something.
My Dr told me I certainly don't have throat or oral cancer but I'm just so terrified :'(

All this started happening after I visited my friend and had a terrible allergic reaction to her cat, from then on I've just had phases of terrible cold symptoms, like runny watery nose and eyes, congestion, lots of phlegm dripping into my throat.
My Dr diagnosed me with Rhinitis and told me to take Piritin and a steroid nasal spray and I can say that yes my cold like symptoms have 95% gone, it's a little bad in the morning.

I read on google someone said "My husbands symptoms of oral cancer was sore throat, shooting pains in ear and lots of phlegm"

Although mine are resolved with anti biotics, go away for two weeks and go when I take anti allergy pills, I'm worried this is the problem I have. I get shooting pains in both ears every couple of days, I think that could be from making my teeth clench and being stressed (can you get ear ache with anxiety?)

What do you all think anyway?
Bless you guys <3

ItchyOne
01-02-13, 23:43
I do sometimes get ear aches from anxiety, though rare and only occasional. It usually happened for a quick second then it was gone.

Your sore throat could be a result of you picking your tonsil stones. Actually, I get those white tonsil stones now and then but I can never pick them out no matter how hard I tried. I always end up gagging... :p

If your doctor doesn't think you have throat or oral cancer, I would trust his professional judgement. And besides, sounds like your symptoms are already gone. :)