PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

LeanneRachel
02-02-13, 01:10
Hi everyone!

I'm Leanne, I'm 17 and I've been suffering from an anxiety and panic disorder since I was 4 years old. I also suffer from emetaphobia which has significantly affected my social life - I barely leave the house anymore.

I've had various therapy over the past 4 years, but am starting my first session of CBT on Monday which I'm extremely apprehensive about!

I've been thinking about joining No More Panic for a while now, so hopefully I'll meet some like minded people that will share the journey with me. :)

I'm happy to be here!

nomorepanic
02-02-13, 01:21
Hi LeanneRachel

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Wolfie
02-02-13, 01:52
Hey there Leanne,

I'm Chris - nice to meet you :).

You will find a lot of really useful links and posts and helpful members around NMP. You are definately not alone in this journey.

As for your CBT session - try not to worry too much about it - think of it as being something really good, this could be the kickstart of recovery, you have nothing to lose, but everything to gain.

Shall catch you around NMP, in the meanwhile, take care of yourself :)

Baggs
02-02-13, 09:03
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Arnie365
02-02-13, 15:06
Hi Leanne

welcome and hope the cbt works well for you. Make sure you put the effort in outside of therapy to give it its best chance.

Mark13
02-02-13, 22:54
Hi Leanne and :welcome:

bringupasquid
04-02-13, 10:22
:welcome: Hello