PDA

View Full Version : Tripped over - help !!

pb
02-02-13, 12:12
About a month ago i posted that i keep tripping. This has got much better, but today i tripped over and grazed my knee, this is the first time that i have fallen over and now ive convinced myself that i must have motor neurone disease, soo scared , please help ..

Justinf
02-02-13, 12:28
MND usually starts off in the hands and weakness in the hands and an inability to hold things. i don't think falling over is MND. i think it is a symptom of clumsiness:)

pb
02-02-13, 14:01
Anyone please ?

Stands mum
02-02-13, 19:34
I don't thing tripping is a symptom of MND - falling because your muscles are weak and can't support you is, and tripping maybe because of foot drop, but I don't think it's something that would come and go - it would get progressively worse, pretty quickly too I think.

Did you trip over something?

pb
03-02-13, 15:39
I think i tripped over the uneven pavement, i havent got any leg weakness, just cant get the fear of mnd out of my mind, especailly as i kept tripping in the past, but this is the first time ive gone over.
I just feel soo scared..

Tessar
03-02-13, 17:11
sometimes i go through a phase of seemingly being clumsy, whether its falling over in the garden (like i did about 6 weeks ago) or almost slipping over outside our house when i'm just about to get in the car. I have managed to trip over nothing in our office several times, it's a carpetted floor & bearing in mind that i'm walking to & fro during the day, i dont know how i manage it sometimes. it seems to come for a few days and then i dont do it for ages. i just think i'm probably either not looking where i'm going or it's just coincidence. i suppose when you think how many steps we all take without a problem, then really a few trips here & there are to be expected.
Bit like typing isnt it? sometimes we hit the wrong key. It just happens.
I'd say try not to worry yourself over this because the more you focus on it, the more likely it is to happen. that's what i'm like anyway so i just try to get on with it & treat it as one of those tings...........(oops, there's a typo, exacty what i'm talking about!).

pb
03-02-13, 17:28
Thank you for your reply , i know your right, im sure i would have more symptons, HA is horrid !!

ajones473@yahoo.com
05-02-13, 15:03
I used to trip over all the time when I was younger, I think it was a combination of wonky pavements, platform shoes, & the fact that I was very clumsy at that age. I used to worry that i had some kind of neurolgical problem, but I imprved dramatically with time, & I haven`t triped over in more than 30 years.:)