PDA

View Full Version : I can feel the tube in my ear?

Ruthy
02-02-13, 14:55
I just got a tube put in my ear to drain fluid. It doesnt seem to be working. In fact, i think it made matters worse. I dont think my ear will ever be the same. Well my question for anyone who has gotten these tubes. Can u feel them on the outside of your ear? If i touch the side of my face by my ear i feel a bump. Is my ear inflamed? Or is that the tube? I feel like i know its there and i can feel it constantly and a bit of pain shoots down my tonsil to my jaw. Really regret getting this thing. I think the doctor didnt explore other options and he really just scared me into getting this thing. Now i think it ha caused permenant hearing loss.. Anyway, anyone who may have had this, is it possible to feel it or could it be inflammation. I tried calling the doc. They just keep reminding me that my check up is in a few weeks.

debera
02-02-13, 15:50
hi i have had ear tubes put in my ear twice. i didnt really feel the tube at all. i did have a bit of pain when it was first done. i would give it a few days to see if it feels better. after i got the ear tubes i had a bit of fluid draining out of my ear but got ear drops from the doctor and it cleared up. i hope you feel better soon. :hugs::hugs:

Anxious_gal
02-02-13, 17:31
That's odd they won't even take a look?
Sorry I've never gotten them but if you could feel it since day one I assume it's normal?