PDA

View Full Version : Scab that won't heal.

Dubbmented
03-02-13, 05:53
I've had this pimple/ingrown on my chin, that turned infected I think. It's being really stubborn, and oozes when I squeeze it sometimes. Usually I let these things go and they dissapear but this has been like a month or so now..

I was worrying about Melanoma not long ago, and so I've read abit about skin cancer so I know a little bit about it and the types of them.
Now I'm freaking out it's one of the types that describes as a Scab that doesn't heal :unsure:.. It's red and crusty and just won't go away.

Is this worth showing a Doctor ? Or is there a time frame to wait when something like this becomes suspicious ?

Cheers.

PinkRoxy
03-02-13, 07:51
If it was a mole then I would go and get it checked by the doctor to make sure it isn't anything bad which I don't think it is so I wouldn't panic. But if you get it checked now then the sooner they treat it the better it would be and it can save your life if it is anything.

If it was just a pimple and its red and looks infected a good cream for that is chrystacide I don't know if you have it where you are but its an antibiotic cream which you can by at the pharmacy and is really good for pimples and skin infections. I would give it say a few days with using the cream two to three times a day and if the infection doesn't go away then you will need to go to the doctor for some antibiotics to get rid of it.

I hope it heals up for you :)