PDA

View Full Version : Waves of tight chest and hard to get breath

AlwaysPanik
03-02-13, 11:35
Hi there,
This morning I have woken with feelings that I have not really experienced before..... Im getting waves of very dull mid-back pain coupled with this effort to breath and get enough air into my lungs. Its horrible. Its making my anxiety rise and I feel awful. I must mention that I am suffering from drinking too much alcohol last night, Im sure this has a part to play. Im scared to go upstairs in case I cant breathe properly.
xx

jackie13
03-02-13, 12:30
Hi Hun

It's defo the demon drink! You are fine, the thoughts that you are having are holding the anxiety there. Drink loads of water, I know it sounds disgusting, but put a teaspoon of salt and sugar in water and drink it. It will start to put the levels right in your system. Milk Thistle which you get from health food shops is a good natural remedy for helping the liver purge after drinking. The alcohol will have temporarily messed the chems in your brain. Try to see it for what it is, eat loads and drink loads.

Jackie x

AlwaysPanik
03-02-13, 13:46
Hi jackie, thank you for your message and advice. Do you suffer with anxiety too? X

Col
03-02-13, 18:03
Alcohol NO NO:lac::lac: you know how bad you feel without it , so why risk getting yourself like this. Stick to 1 or none next time, its defo the drink having an effect.

jackie13
03-02-13, 18:43
Hi Hun

Yes I suffer with anxiety on and off, I am classed as an alcoholic, however hardly drink now and when I do never have more than a couple. You might not realise but a high majority of people suffer anxiety after a skin full it's just that us anxiety sufferers interpret the feelings differently. Eg in the past when I went out with Hubby for a drink we would both wake up in the morning feeling the same, however my Hubby's anxiety would disappear during the first hour mine would last for about 4 days as I would worry and not break the cycle. I haven't been like that for a LONG time.

Don't worry you will feel better soon.

Jackie x

AlwaysPanik
06-02-13, 12:18
Hi Jackie,

Thanks for replying. Your story is so similar to mine! My husband wakes with panicky feeling but by the next day he is OK, where as mine lasts for days. Good for you on knocking the drink on the head. I must do the same. Did you/do you ever get the breathlesness without the panic ? xx

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

Alcohol NO NO:lac::lac: you know how bad you feel without it , so why risk getting yourself like this. Stick to 1 or none next time, its defo the drink having an effect.

Dear Col,

You are absolutely right.....I have to knock it on the head. xxx