PDA

View Full Version : making myself ill with worry...help

grace.M
03-02-13, 12:53
so I've gotten up this morning with the same amount of high anxiety i had yesterday and i have no idea if I'm really ill or its just my body playing tricks on me... I've had a low appetite and feeling bloated when i try and eat normally..(I've been feeling really weird since yesterday early evening) the usual angry gut noises you get when your anxious appear, but more recently I've been feeling off balance, not quite dizzy but its been really bothering me and i woke up with it this morning as soon as i got up and moved about.... does anyone have any reassurance/help as to why this is happening?

Annie0904
03-02-13, 12:55
I can only say that I feel the same when my anxiety is high :hugs: x

grace.M
03-02-13, 12:57
thank you for you'r reply annie :) this is the first time I've had symptoms like this when its lasted so long x

Annie0904
03-02-13, 12:58
My loss of balance and also dizziness is there all the time when I am really anxious. I hope you start to feel better soon x

grace.M
03-02-13, 13:01
you too :) :hugs: ah I'm seeing my uni doctor this coming friday about my anxiety, and then the counseler booked in to see me right after, as its been pretty bad lately.. i just feel like i can't do anything :(

Annie0904
03-02-13, 14:21
It will get better, I hope the counselling will help you x

unspoken
03-02-13, 14:49
Hi Grace. It is tempting to obsess over every physical sensation and this leads into health anxiety of thinking "but what if it's not just anxiety?" Try not to dwell on the symptoms, just accept them as your body telling you you need to rest and relax (I know it isn't easy to just relax).

With the stomach symptoms, eat what you can. I used to make things like couscous and other meals I could eat as much as I felt able and then put the rest in the fridge for later, little and often is easier than trying to eat big meals. It sounds like it could be a bit of IBS causing your stomach to bloat, this can be caused my anxiety too. A hot water bottle on your stomach or lower back could be soothing.

I hope the doctor and counsellor can help.

CarmR
03-02-13, 15:49
Hi Grace M
I totally agree with Unspoken, it's the Anxiety

Mykee
03-02-13, 16:05
Hi Grace I feel the same way past 2 days, anxious nausea, no appetite try to eat and stomach gets all grumbly then the GI issues....ugg it sucks. I'm on lexapro and I wonder if its that or just me, hard not to obsess, at least we're not alone in this huh, hope we both feel better soon

grace.M
03-02-13, 21:58
thank you for all your replys, really helpful to know what everyone else thinks and were all going through the same sort of thing, it is really difficult not to think 'what is happening to me?!' when symptoms like this appear, i'll try not to dwell on it in future, went for a swim today and it really helped take my mind off it! i hope you all feel better soon too! :hugs: