PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas

techwoodjez
03-02-13, 15:57
Hi

I stopped taking citalopram as i didn't think it was doing anything after about 18 months, I haven't told the doctor and still have my repeat prescription plus a supply in the cupboard, I managed to get some Lorazepam which i seem to be relying on even if just take 0.5mg to try and make them last as seem to be really suffering again, all the usual symptoms and worry, does any one know if there is something i could ask for like lorazepam to use more often ? Or should i start the cit again or would it be better to ask the doctor for a different medication than cit, it just didn't lift my mood and if i could find something to stop the worry and just be a bit happier instead of worrying about heart pounding etc etc i could beat this

Sorry if rambling as usual, hope someone has an idea as am sick of this illness which has put my life on hold for the last three years and feel time is running out

thanks again all

Anxious_gal
03-02-13, 22:31
lorazepam that's a seditive isn't it? they are addictive and not meant for long term use, guidelines say if you take them daily you shouldn't really do it for more than 2 weeks due to how addictive they are.
I would mabe ask for a new type of antidepressant if you didn't feel the other one was helping and maybe some cbt therapy to help you cope better with the anxiety.

BobbyDog
04-02-13, 08:24
I would start taking the Citalopram again, but you should speak to your GP about the Lorazepam, you will probably have increased anxiety if you just stop taking it, would be better to taper off. They are addictive and not usually given for long term use. The problems you are now having could be down to the fact that your body has built up a tolerance to the Lorazepam.
Best to tell the doctor the truth and get to the bottom of the situation you are currently in.