PDA

View Full Version : Very emotional!

Laura1989
03-02-13, 18:39
So I have been off citalopram for about 2 weeks now, and thought I would update people. For those that missed my last post, I was told by my Doc to come straight off 10mg due to me having to take antibiotics for suspected whooping cough!

My body zaps are staring to ease, I'm noticing them less now and they aren't as intense! They got quite bad and people could notice when I had one, as my leg would kick out or my head would jerk!

Although..... now I'm am finding I am very emotional! I can burst into tears at the slightest thing! And not just a little tear, but a massive full on sobbing fest! Lol it can be something as daft as a really cute/funny baby video on you've been framed or someone doing well on a talent show or something...craaazy! Lol

Apart from that, I'm doing ok without the citalopram. Had a few wobbles, but they have mostly been me clashing with my Mum who is going through the menopause at the moment! We have never really got on so it's nothing new really!

Anxious_gal
03-02-13, 22:24
you might be in withdrawal, antibiotics also kill of the healthy bacteria in your body, lack of good bacteria in gut increases anxiety and depression so it'd be well worth to eat some live probototic yogurts. I might self noticed that my anxiety was much higher after a few days on antibiotics.

Laura1989
03-02-13, 23:11
I knew i was in withdrawal, been having some of the classic withdrawal symptoms...but the emotional-ness was a new one on me! Haha! Been very funny but annoying at the same time!! :)

Ooo thanks for the yoghurt tip, will get some when I go to Tesco in the morning lol

Interesting that antibiotics can effect your anxiety levels, I had never thought about that being part of the reason my anx levels were higher!
X

little scientist
06-02-13, 09:43
you might be in withdrawal, antibiotics also kill of the healthy bacteria in your body, lack of good bacteria in gut increases anxiety and depression so it'd be well worth to eat some live probototic yogurts. I might self noticed that my anxiety was much higher after a few days on antibiotics.

ooooo I didn't think about that - I've just had a course of doxycycline for a chest infection (took last one on Sunday), and been feeling down yesterday and today. Will also go get probiotics :)