PDA

View Full Version : Toe numbness - MRI clean and NCT/EMG clean

devonbevon
03-02-13, 20:59
hi all

i recently had an MRI and nerve conduction test / EMG due to experiencing twitching, dizziness etc.

They came back clean (although the EMG was only done on my left arm and right leg).

My left leg seems to be causing ongoing issues... I rolled my ankle a month ago and it is still hurting. And now my toes (minus my big one) are numb.. Sometimes the numbness only last hours but the last four days its been non stop. Its only partial as I can feel something but not to the extent i can with the other (there is a marked difference).

Any suggestions ideas?

Erica

Anxious_gal
03-02-13, 21:12
If the MRI was clean then yay that means there is nothing too much to worry about : )
Maybe there's some damage to a nerve or some swelling pressing on a nerve that is numbing the ankle?
I think it's fairly common to experience numbing of the toes after hurting your ankle, I'm sure you had a doctor tell you it wasn't broken? I assume if it was the numbing would not come and go.
I think in time time the nerves should heal up and the numbing should away.

devonbevon
03-02-13, 21:20
Thanks for the reassurance.

I had a clean MRI yes - part of me continues to be paranoid because it wasnt a contrast MRI nor was the EMG done on my left leg :)

I sprained my ankle so i never went to the doctor. It went a bit swollen but nothing else. But its still a little tender to walk on. Hopefully thats the trigger for the weird toe thing. I still have my strength just feel very little in one foot.