PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat and other symptoms....

Dan21
04-09-06, 12:33
Hi All.

I'm freaking myself out about my throat. I seem to go through phases where I dont seem so bad, but then I almost always relapse into a state of fear, anxiety and worry.

I've had the horrible lump in the throat sensation since Nov last year and through that time it has periodically come and gone. I went to the doctor around Feb/March and she said it was this globus thing, she checked in my throat and said everything looked fine. But me being me, I went away feeling a bit better (even though the doctor had said everthying was fine!!!!!) but still worried.

I think I have difficulty getting my head around the fact that this feeling can be brought about by worry or anxiety. Even after experiencing it for so long, I feel like I dont understand it.

Over the past few months, my throat has felt really sticky/phlemy which has meant that I am having to clear my throat really often. Again, I think this tends to happen when I'm worrying about my health.

I'm presuming that the symptoms I'm having at the moment are still brought about by anxiety. But I really dont feel anxious, except about my health (catch 22). My Dad died a couple of months ago and I have given up work to study full time at University and my wife and I are planning to start a family. Is it that these factors are subconciously causing me anxiety and causing me these symptoms? Surely if it was something serious my symptoms would have gotten worse or more severe since almost a year ago when it all started? Instead of just being there, most of the time just under the surface? I feel like I'm locked in a cycle of symptom, worry, more symptoms, worry...........

I just dont know how to get my head straight again..

-----------------------------
I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

ceecee
04-09-06, 14:26
hi dan i think you know deep down that you are fine but the anxiety symptoms fuel the faer!!!like you say i,m really sure that if you did have anything it would have got alot worse over the course of a year!!!also thae fact that you have had to deal with the passing of your dadhas probobly been a huge stress factor for you too.i know it,s easier said than done but try not to worry,and i wish you luck with your course and with starting a family
take care rachel

missacorah
04-09-06, 17:51
I am glad a few people have posted about these throat sensations as they are horrible. I am havin them too. Try not to worry horrible as they are - anxiety can play horrid tricks on your body.

reddevil
04-09-06, 18:12
Hi,

I have been suffering with a sore throat sensation for 8 days and I keep wondering if it's anxiety as I can swallow ok (no pain) but the throat feels sore all day.

red

carly123
04-09-06, 19:53
Dan,

Lots of people get throat symptoms, but I notice they vary from person to person slightly. Also, some anti-d's can give you a dry, or even sore throat - I get that from Diazepam. Don't know if you're on any?
BTW great that you are making doing new things, I'm sure you won't regret any of them!

TC Carly.xx

boy
05-09-06, 00:43
I've had a sore throat (only when swallowing) for about a week and I wish it'd go away. Can that be anxiety too?

jill
05-09-06, 02:09
Hi Dan,

Sorry I can't put lots of links is only one, but I found a thread which Nic had put lots of links in LOL

[Link removed invalid url]

Hope this helps

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX