PDA

View Full Version : Itchy skin

phil06
04-02-13, 00:19
Does anybody get itchy skin? I shower quite alot and use alot of soap and I now get red marks sometimes on my knee or itches all over is it too much showering?

reddevil
04-02-13, 10:23
Hi,

I had itchy skin, went to doctors several times and in the end it was anxiety.

Mine was basically the nerves, felt like pins everywhere.
Red

jill
04-02-13, 10:55
Hi Hun :D:hugs:

Itchy skin can be caused by many things, ALL can be treated,:D:yesyes:

The issues is, whats causing it, I myself have never had this, but I see someone who has anxiety has and it seems it can be anxiety related.

I know that we can shower to much and use the wrong soaps, shower gels, which can wash away the natural body oils.

Hun, go to your local chemist and explain to the pharmacist. he/she can give to some cream to ease the itch.

If you your are really concerned pop along to your gp, peace of mind goes along way.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

bringupasquid
04-02-13, 11:12
I get itchy skin quite a bit. I've never thought about tracking it alongside peaks in anxiety. I will now though!

skoosh1
04-02-13, 13:51
For the past weeks I've had itchy skin all over alongwith the heat feelings & burning and the crawlies all over. This is my anxiety thats causing this. I'm sick of it but not got my anxiety under control so it will probably last until I have:weep:

trish1955
05-02-13, 22:55
i had this back in 2000 after going to doctors and haveing a blood test that came back normal i was told it was hives it was brought on by the emotional stress i was suffering at the time since then i can some times get it if i get over anxiouse i was given antiestmines wich stiopped it i was on them for a few months then the last pack they told me to take one only if it was keeping me awake take cae x

Daisy Sue
05-02-13, 22:59
i go through phases of getting incredibly itchy shins, to the point where i can make them bleed in my sleep without realising... there's a really good cream called Eurax which takes the itch away, and recently E45 have brought out an anti-itch cream too.