PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog Day

Pigeon
04-02-13, 11:25
I don't even know why I'm writing this. Feel full of despair again. Just not feeling better despite increase in meds and starting counselling. Can't be bothered to move or go out of house. Been up since 7.30 and done nothing but make cup of tea and sit on sofa in dressing gown. I look a mess. My skin is covered in spots, my hair needs a good cut and colour and I've lost weight.
Every day,I dread starting and I do as little as possible to get me by and then I'm exhausted. Nothing cheers me up, not my lovely husband, family and grandchildren, not funny stuff on TV, not having a nice bubble bath, not doing excercise, not shopping. This just isn't right. Goiing to GP tonight for meds review.
Sorry to be so miserable everyone. You must all be sick of my moaning.:weep:

Charlie11
04-02-13, 11:45
Hi pigeon. I'm the same every morning I wake up with dreaded anxiety. Re your meds I have been told every time your meds are increased one of the side effects is increased anxiety. My meds increased on the 18th January and still struggling. This is a great site with loads of great people and information. Hope you get on we'll at the doctors:)

Pigeon
04-02-13, 14:29
Thanks Charlie, Mine increased on 21st and had heard that it gets worse before better but in total been taking Citalopram for a month and thought it would have started to have some effect by now .

Have managed to drag myself from sofa, have breakfast (at 12.30!) put washing away and do my roots so I don't look quite so much like an old hag.
My ever patient husband has given me some tasks to do today to stop me stagantin on here. I have to go to post office to pick up a parcel, take dog out and prepare tea. We'll see how it goes.

Thnaks very much for your reply ans hope you start to feel better too.
:hugs:

PinkRoxy
04-02-13, 20:31
I would give your meds another month and see how that goes. If it still doesn't improve then you might just need some new meds altogether as the ones you are taking isn't effective for you.

I hope you do start to feel better soon as it is horrible. I feel I am more tired than depressed during the day with mine at the moment and everyone is different to the medication. I hope you are able to find something that will help you. You are not a pain typing on here everyone needs to express how they are feeling and lots of people on here will reply back with support for you.