PDA

View Full Version : hi im ash

ashb
04-02-13, 13:25
Hello im ash I've suffered with anxiety for about 3 years and many worries about my health as I have a fear of passing out and no one being there to help me along with other things iv always been refered to this site when looking for advice on how to help and finally plucked up the courage to join and meet people who could give me confidence to gain control again as I am waiting for therapy. Advice and help would be greatly appreciated or even just a chat

Thank you
Ash

nomorepanic
04-02-13, 13:38
Hi ashb

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

ashb
04-02-13, 14:30
Thank you you're site Is a great help in understanding how to get back on track iv only been told live life as normal but that's hard to do when i don't feel too well

Vanilla Sky
05-02-13, 07:48
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Baggs
05-02-13, 10:43
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

guppy
05-02-13, 20:59
hi ash. how have you been doing,i have only just joined this site too.

its good your getting therapy,i had struggled with anxiety and agoraphobia for around 15 years before i worked up the courage to see a therapist and it turned my life around,she was great and she helped me understand and deal with the thoughts and feelings i got with anxiety.i have still got a long way to go but its now going in the right direction.
i hope it goes well for you as it did for me.

try to take it easy.

ashb
05-02-13, 22:53
Thank you just got to wait for 7 weeks for an appointment and iv had some therapy before but it wasn't face to face it was over the phone and was every two weeks so I felt on my own with it and insisted a face to face cbt , it took me a while to get in contact with someone too guess I was trying to wait it out

Annie0904
05-02-13, 22:56
Hi :welcome:

Daisy Sue
05-02-13, 22:57
hi Ash, welcome to the forum :)

Mark13
06-02-13, 17:14
Hello Ash and :welcome:

ashb
07-02-13, 17:04
Has anyone got any advice on breaking a bad thought chain keep getting them and its hard to stop it continuing? Thanx ash

Annie0904
07-02-13, 17:11
Try to replace it with a more positive thought, think of a positive in the bad thought if you can. I am doing this with my therapist at the moment and I often find my thoughts arguing with each other. My therapist said this is good as it shows it is working. It will help if you write down the bad thoughts and then write down a positive one next to it.

ashb
07-02-13, 18:59
Thank you I get the same everytime i have this shift at work because im on my own and its overnight im ok on it but its resting for it and getting rid of these bad thoughts i will put this into practice thank you again .

guppy
07-02-13, 19:24
yeah it took a good few weeks for my appointment to come through to. the first therapist i went to see wasn't that good,i felt she was just trying to get it over with as quickly as possible, she never helped me with the thoughts and feelings i get.
that only lasted for a few sessions and i didn't get anything out of it. i believed after that that i there was no hope for me, so it took me another couple of years to finally give it another shot.

the second time around was completely different and the cbt was a big part of it. i have been able to do a lot of stuff that i have not been able to do in years,im still struggling, but i now know that i can overcome my anxiety.