PDA

View Full Version : Aware of heartbeat

sarahando16
04-02-13, 14:15
Hi, i have suffered from missed heartbeats etc for around 10 years and have recently been very good in coping with them. Around a week ago I had a load of missed heartbeats and palpitations which made my heart beat really really fast. Eventually it stopped and went back to normal but since then I have been aware of my heartbeat in my chest, neck and throat. Was just wondering if this is yet another symptom of anxiety and something else to worry about. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. xx

Arnie365
04-02-13, 17:44
Hi

Im very aware of my heart rate. If I pause and stop what Im doing I can feel my heart beat in my chest and neck. I dont need to check my pulse anymore because i can feel it so easily!

You are just sensitised to it.

ItWillPass
04-02-13, 17:56
going through this right now as well. My heart rate is SO fast right now I don't know what to do... Cant offer much advice, but sometimes it helps to know you arnt alone.

Dazza123
04-02-13, 18:00
I had this a few years ago, it drove me insane, but it passed thankfully, meds like propranolol can help.

Panickypants
04-02-13, 19:12
I get this too i am always aware of my heartbeat, i do sometimes catch myself and think ooh i wasn't noticing my hear then but i can feel it in my chest and neck and i seem to be able to hear it too x

sarahando16
05-02-13, 09:31
Thanks for all your replies. Just to know that I am not alone in this makes it better. It is not there all the time but I have noticed that my left side seems to ache and is painful. If it was my right side I wouldn't give it any attention at all!! Just goes to prove that the mind is a powerful thing!! xx