PDA

View Full Version : need to talk....

randi1
04-09-06, 14:57
i am frightened because i feel as if i have numbness in my face yet i can feel when i touch it, if my face was the slightest bit numb could that mean i have MS??
sorry just very worried
rands xx

lass
04-09-06, 15:05
I had numbness and pins in needles; in fact it was this symptom that brought me to this website so in a way I should be very grateful for it!

Mine lasted for about a week, and comes back now and then for a few minutes/hours from time to time. I had mine in my arms and hands, then legs and foot, and also numbness to my face.

It is a very scary symptom but it seems it is common to anxiety. I'm sure this one thing alone is not a symptom of MS, you would have loads of other symptoms. I remember reading another post about it and someone said their partner had MS and it wasn't just a case of numbness, there were loads of other symptoms.

Please try to not worry, I'm sure it will go away soon; although easier said than done, I know.

Try doing a search on here and you will see loads of other people have posted about numbness in the past, and hopefully this will give you a bit of reassurance.

Take care and if you want to talk any more, please feel free to PM me.

Caroline xx

alicia123
04-09-06, 15:07
Hi Randi, if you feel at all concerned go along to your GP and get advice. It is almost cetainly nothing but you can find out easily.

alicia

This helped me (so I don't go on about it!):
www.alphadynamics.com

Lynnann
04-09-06, 15:14
Hi Randi,

Numbness on it's own would not point to MS, Is there a particular reason that MS is the problem that spring to your mind! If you continue to worry phone your GP! There are lots of possible causes and the majority are not serious!
Hope you feel better soon!

Lynnann

Quirky
04-09-06, 16:00
Hi there,

By all means see your gp for a check up (if you haven't already) and you're really worried but numbness and pins and needles usually mean that you are hyperventilating and not breathing correctly due to anxiety and it's a common symptom. My face has often felt a bit numb if my neck muscles are really tight too and it can all be from muscle tension.

Take care,

Lisa

Ballandalloch
04-09-06, 16:37
Hi there
My partner has MS and what you are describing doesnt sound like MS. Hers started with her sight going on in one eye and huge fatigue. When she went to the eye casualty when it first went over one weekend they said that your sight is often the first thing you have a problem with when you get MS. You dont sound like you have it at all to me and this is coming from somebody who has lived with the 'world' of MS and hospital visits for 4 years now. Be happy. Im sure you dont have it x