PDA

View Full Version : Help please for a newbie!

Maddogest
04-02-13, 14:40
Hello! I have been looking at this site for a week or 2 now and it seems to be helping me so i have now gone a step further and actually posted. I find myself needing constant reassurance from Doctors, friends and family and wondered if i could ask for help from a wider circle.
I am a 42 year old mother of 2 and i suppose i have always been a worrier but recently (last couple of months) i've been suffering massive anxieties about my health and think i am dying of cancer. My symptoms are a pain in the back (not there all the time), occasional numbness in the hands and fingers and more recently a tightness in the throat and sore tongue.
I've seen 2 doctors, had fairly comprehensive blood tests including CBC which all came back fine. Both doctors said they are sure i don't have cancer and that if there was anything serious the blood tests would have pointed them to doing further investigations. First question is it definitely the case that a CBC would show something amiss if i had any type of cancer?
And secondly, can symptoms be caused by stress?
Any help would be welcomed as it's killing me and is all I think about.

nomorepanic
04-02-13, 14:50
Hi Maddogest

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
05-02-13, 07:48
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Baggs
05-02-13, 10:43
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Sweetie18
13-02-13, 01:34
Hi Maddogest!
I totally understand you when you say that your health is all you think about. When Im not feeling 100% well, and its not the common cold or what not, I feel the exact same way. Its a vicious cycle... the more you think about it, the more symptoms that we have and the more you stress about it! I always try to relax myself with positive thoughts, I know its not easy believe me. I also try to relax by reading self helps books, drinking tea, cutting out caffein and alcohol, taking hot baths or showers, doing yoga, exercising... if you can find something that relaxes you a bit, you will have less physical symptoms, and then less negative thoughts... I know its not easy, but your mind is so powerful... it can only hold one though at a time, making it a positive one helps!

I wish you all the best...
xox