PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding from back passage!!!!!!!!!(TMI)

countrygirl
04-02-13, 21:28
I had the most awful shock today. Bit of a long story and sorry for too much detail but here goes.

I have a problem with the muscles in the first part of my back passage due to having them cut through many years ago in childbirth so they do not work as they should. I suffer leakage after bowel movement and if the bowel movement is solid I cannot push it out. Sometimes the only way to get it out is to use the manual stimulation method with a gloved finger:blush::blush::blush:. As I said very embarrasing topic.

This happened today and as I withdrew my finger I got bright red diluted blood, very watery. There was no blood in the motion it was like diluted blood in alot of water????

obviously I will go and tell my GP, I had a normal colonoscopy 4 years ago but except for one bowel Dr many years ago I have never admitted to anyone that I have to use my finger alot and I am thinking that I have maybe irritated the lining of my anus.

I will be so embarrased having to tell my male Dr about my problem but I know I have to and will probably have to endure another camera up the bum as well!

nomorepanic
04-02-13, 21:33
It is likely to be piles or a fissure that has got aggrevated by what you are doing.

Annie0904
04-02-13, 21:37
I wonder if we had the same midwife! I have the same problem. I think Nicola is right, because of the damage to my muscles I often suffer from piles and anal fissures. If the blood is bright red I am sure that is what it will be.

countrygirl
04-02-13, 22:10
My common sense brain tell me that this red watery blood will be from a pile or just plain "finger irritation:winks:" as I can be quite rough with myself so I am not panicking so much about it being bowel cancer its just the horror of having to go and admit what I have had to do for all these years to a Dr and of course they are duty bound now with any mention of blood to send you for tests.

Also if this is going to be a problem I cannot think how on earth I can get over the problem of lack of muscle use to get rid without the trusty old finger!

Annie0904
04-02-13, 22:22
They didn't send me for tests with it being red blood. The doc just had a look and could see the fissure. If it is a fissure they usually heal. I had a really painful one once and saw a consultant who gave me some gel to put on. It is like the GT spray you get for angina only in a gel. I couldn't use it as the side effect is a really bad headache!

countrygirl
04-02-13, 22:47
The mind boggles at having to get gel up there!! I just cannot work out how to solve my useless muscle problem if using the gloved finger is going to cause me to bleed.

I daren't ask how the Dr looked up your bum to see the fissure, do they use something similar to what they use to look in ears and throats??:wacko:

Annie0904
04-02-13, 22:53
The fissure is usually just inside around the anus and that is were you put the gel too

countrygirl
04-02-13, 22:57
As my gloved finger was covered in watery blood I assumed the bleeding was two or three inches inside my rectum but I suppose this could have happened as I pulled the finger out??? sorry for the tmi

Annie0904
04-02-13, 23:07
Yes it could :)

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

I will send you a pm

countrygirl
05-02-13, 11:00
I have got an appt with my young male GP this afternoon:wacko:. I have typed out what I need to tell him as it would be too embarrasing to have to look him in the face and tell him so he can read it and take it from there.

MY Gp is very aware he is young and male and tries to avoid examinng his femal patients intimately so he might get me to see one of the female drs if he wants an examination or at least I hope he will do that.

The sights they must see!

brandy58
07-02-13, 18:48
How did you get on at the docs?

sarahxxx
11-02-13, 13:20
hi every one i woke up this morning with blood all over pants from anus any ideas x

Jenwales
11-02-13, 13:22
If you are forcing it out then that's whats causing the bleeding
my anxiety causes constipation and then i bleed a bit

sarahxxx
11-02-13, 13:56
no not constipeted more loose bowls i do have external piles but uaually get a bit of blood after going to toilet but this is the first time its happened during the night thank you for reply x

nomorepanic
11-02-13, 14:18
You could have something like diverticular disease - I have that and can get bleeding without a bowel movement.

That would need a doctor to advise on that of course though

countrygirl
11-02-13, 20:04
How did you get on at the docs?

The dr has referred me for bowel tests as expected. He said I could wait 4-6 weeks as they won't consider this as needing urgent tests! He said he is certain its nothing sinister probably internal pile or something like that.

He did not know if I would get consultant appt first or they would just send me straight for either sigmoidoscopy or colonsocpy:mad:

sarahxxx
13-02-13, 22:22
hi everyone just wanted to say look up garlic on piles may sound stange but worth a look xx