PDA

View Full Version : So fed up with IBS

Annie0904
04-02-13, 22:26
I never seem to get any relief at all from my ibs systems and sick of my life being ruled by it. I have decided to make an appointment to see a herbalist to see if they can help. Maybe they will also help with my anxiety and menopause systems as I am sure they are all linked anyway. I will let you know how I get on with it.

bernie1977
04-02-13, 23:25
Good luck with that Annie and it will be interesting to hear what they say.

I think they are linked. Since I've found a med that suits me and my anxiety levels have dropped my IBS has improved a lot. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Annie0904
04-02-13, 23:28
I am pleased to hear that your anxiety levels have dropped. It is such a vicious circle. My anxiety makes ibs worse and ibs makes me more anxious :doh: x

Daisy Sue
04-02-13, 23:31
have you tried going lactose free at all?

bernie1977
04-02-13, 23:59
I am pleased to hear that your anxiety levels have dropped. It is such a vicious circle. My anxiety makes ibs worse and ibs makes me more anxious :doh: x

Thanks Annie xx
I'm managing small walks out now with my support worker. She only comes once a fortnight but it's better than nothing. Don't have much luck going out without her as I don't feel my partner has the skills to help me like she does. Not getting to the toilet in time is one of my biggest fears as panic attacks give me the runs and make me feel sick.

It is a vicious circle and it's a terrible mess to be in. I'm told I have to tackle my agoraphobia but I worry about going out as I don't have access to the loo!!

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:57 ----------

I'm lactose free, will be 5 years soon. Definitely anxiety that causes my IBS

Annie0904
05-02-13, 09:09

I had food intolerance tests and I was fine with lactose in gluten but shouldn't be eating yeast. It is so hard to cut yeast out completely. I also should not eat, sesame and sunflower seeds, Coriander and cumin.

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

Bernie , so pleased you are starting to get out for little walks. I always need to know where the loos are when I am out!