PDA

View Full Version : What would cause excessive burping and?

Rls1994
04-02-13, 22:29
It seems as if I'm always burping, and most of the time, they're very hard to pass. I also bring up this liquid stuff as well often. I thought it was just GERD, but surely it would feel acidic? However, yesterday I belched in the morning and got a horrible acid taste. Sometimes I feel so sick because it feels as if the burps are trapped in my chest, and it takes a while for them to pass.

I always feel like burping, but it doesn't even feel like a burp. It feels like vomit or something... I've never vomited from it though.

I've had this for years, but it's only recently gotten worse. I have noticed that I have not felt normal ever since having some sort of stomach virus in 2004, which I had for two weeks. I think that may have something to do with it, but that was eight years ago now.

I'm on a course of Omeprazole 40mg daily as my doctor suspected GERD, but they aren't working as well as they should be. I still feel deathly sick some days, get that feeling of vomit coming up and excessive burping. Some days are worse than others.

I also have a burning like pain in my sternum area and sometimes my stomach. I haven't had that for a few days though now, and it only happened because I consumed some alcohol. I had some today but it didn't happen though..

I've been tested for H.Pylori infection and I will get the results back on Thursday. However, I reckon it will come back negative which means having an endoscopy my doctor said to have if my results come back fine and if my tablets aren't working. Ugh.

Has anyone else had the same problem?