PDA

View Full Version : Someone to talk to

PinkRoxy
05-02-13, 07:08
After all this time I am going through depression and now taking some meds. I realise I actually don't have anyone I can talk to about this and how Im feeling. My parents are too busy with their life and plus We don't seem to be emotionally close like that with each other.

I cant really talk to my friends as it can be embarrassing and I don't want to bore them or ruin their fun when I am with them.

The only person I really talk to about the how Im feeling is my doctor but I don't have anyone in my everyday life I can talk to. I have the people on this forum but you all aren't really available when I need to have a talk.

I wish I could have someone I could confide in.

Vanilla Sky
05-02-13, 07:53
Come into the chatroom and talk with us . At times like these virtual friends who are going through the same thing will help you loads

:)

Pigeon
05-02-13, 10:00
Pink Roxy don't you have a counsellor? Your GP should be able to put you in touch? I think I said this before but we have The Samaritans over here too - not sure if you do or if they're called the same thing. I've rung them loads of times and found them really good - especially if you're having a crisis moment.
I'm sure your friends won't mind you off-loading sometimes as well - have you asked them? Most good friends would do anything to help. Even you parents may want to give you some support - they may not realise how you're feeling and perhpas don't know how to start the conversation off. Just becuase you're not close now, it may not always be the same - give them a chance? Might not work but worth a try?:shrug::)

LittleSongbird
05-02-13, 11:43
PM me whenever you feel need to. I'm free and have nothing to do these days. It's Tet holiday in Vietnam now.

Take care :X

PinkRoxy
05-02-13, 23:18
Thanks you two. Yeah I did have a counsellor from my GP last year which helped and because it was free I feel bad asking for more sessions as they have done so much for me already. My doctor is always giving me reduced cost visits too because I have to go there a lot. I feel bad asking for more off them when they have already done so much for me.

I think in New Zealand we have the depression.org website where they have a number for us to ring which I might try. I just don't really feel comfortable talking to my parents and some of my friends I can talk to but I don't want to unload everything on them.

Also I cant seem to get into the chat rooms as I need a setting on my computer which I will have to try and set up.