PDA

View Full Version : Introductions et al

redbaron
04-09-06, 16:40
Hi I'm Dom or the Baron whichever.

I'm 34 and found the site whilst looking up some details on Cipramil which I've been on for 10 days now (20mg).

Mentally I've been struggling for some years but during my 20s was in a relationship where my ex was a manic depressive and this kind of meant I had to retreat into a hole. Since then I've tried to come to terms with who I am and tackle the problems that I have.

I made the decision to seek help because it became clear that I was not managing by myself. I was not deriving pleasure in anything at all including things that I am passionate about. I have been told that I may have some OCD tendencies, weird orgaisational things and obsession therewith, I am also lazy to a point which is unhealthy not to mention so irritating. Oh and death scares the absolute **** out of me being an atheist. I also hoarde things on a theme, I know I'm doing it but cannot stop.

It's not really the sort of thing you can talk to lots of people about. I moved a couple of years ago, having moved constantly previous to that sso I never built up that homely support base that some are lucky to. My best mate lives miles away and my girlfriend whilst very supportive hasn't come across this sort of thing before and I am anxious not to bombard her incessantly with it.

The tablets have given me a little indigestion and some mental anxiety but other than that no serious side effects or effects in general really.

You may have noticed I have verbal diahorrea.

So that's me, any questions please ask, I like the sound of my own voice far too much to refuse!

“There is a certain sort of man who ignores his own good qualities but is tormented by his bad ones, this is the man who writes about himself.”
-W. Somerset Maugham

matilda
04-09-06, 17:30
Welcome you seem very chirpy are you sure you're depressed???

juju
04-09-06, 18:01
hi
welcome, you will find lots of people just like you to chat to on here
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

redbaron
04-09-06, 18:33
Hi Matilda

I have good days and bad days, as I guess does everyone. I like meeting new people and new experiences, I generally feel better when I have the sense of being around people, it's the being alone with oneself that I don't do very well. Those evenings when people you know are out, no-one is online for a chat etc. etc.

“There is a certain sort of man who ignores his own good qualities but is tormented by his bad ones, this is the man who writes about himself.”
-W. Somerset Maugham

nicjay
04-09-06, 18:41
Hi dom

Welcome to the site you will find lots of useful information on here. If you feel lonely and in need of people to chat to on a night you can always come into the chat room where you will find lots of people who can offer you advice or even to just chat about fun stuff with.

Nicola
xxx

polly daydream
04-09-06, 19:14
Hi Dom and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

redbaron
04-09-06, 20:36
Hi Polly and Nicola,

thanks for your welcome and kind words.

dom

-W. Somerset Maugham

Neebie
04-09-06, 21:07
Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm new here but this site has really helped me stay positive. It's great - such lovely people!
All the best
Neebie

clickaway
04-09-06, 23:03
Hi Dom, and welcome.

I can see a few classic cases of anxiety within your post.

I too am a hoarder and I think that is because holding on to things is represntative of hanging on to a loved one, and we may not be very secure over keeping that love. I have always collected things too.

Have you analysed why you cannot derive pleasure out of those things you enjoy? Do you enjoy these things with others, or are you unable to share and discuss the joys?

Anyway, hope we can help you here.

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

jill
04-09-06, 23:53
Hi Baron :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

trac67
05-09-06, 14:36
Hi Dom,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

bluesparkle
05-09-06, 14:42
hi :D
just noticed this post so thought id come and say a proper hello and welcome to this site...
you will find plenty of people who understand to give advice and chat with...
take care
rach
x

yorkylover
05-09-06, 17:14
Hi and welcome.You will find so much advice and help here.They are all brilliant.
Take care:)

Ellen XX

Paddington
06-09-06, 09:42
hello Dom.So glad you found us!I cant throw things away either,my house looks like a dusty shop!!!Fullof ornaments,i mean they are every where!!!I never thought of the reson but hey Ray has given me food for thought with the hangin on to love theme!Good luck with the meds ,i hope they help .Love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

redbaron
07-09-06, 20:36
thx v. much all, I have spoken to some of you on the chat forum and others hopefully I will also in time. Thanks for the welcome and support, you all know I'm sure how important it is.

-W. Somerset Maugham