PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Balance Problem/ Feeling of falling for a split second.

footballking
05-02-13, 17:22
So that puts my worries at rest about my irregular bump on one side of my chest. CT Scan was clear.

However I get this dizziness/feeling of falling/unconsciousness for a split second and I have to hang onto something.

Does anyone else get this? When my balance goes off for the split second/ my heart rate rises, and I feel like i'm about to fall.

Wondering whether this is an issue with something?

NYCGal
05-02-13, 17:53
Hi there,
This is my newest and most favorite manifestation. . .I have been living with a constant feeling of vertigo the last three weeks. When I tried to explain it to the doctor, the best I could explain was that when I walked it felt like my feet were going through the floor and my surroundings were off kilter. I first went to my GP who did a few neuro tests and checked bp and heart rate. All were normal, which meant another fun manifestation of my anxiety. The stinky part is i have been feeling this way every day for the last 3 weeks. Its worse if I have been standing for a bit. Unfortunately, no words of wisdom on how to seek relief, but if it isn't neurological or heart related (of which only the doctor can confirm) in my case its related to my irregular breathing when I am anxious. Hope this helps.

Frank TJ
05-02-13, 18:44
I am experiencing something similar at the moment. Feeling very spaced out, dizzy and sometimes off balance with jelly legs. I have no idea why... been 3 days...

I was doing really well last week, had a good week and was feeling okay. Then blam on sunday this sensation starts for no apparent reason and I can't shake it.

Trying to tell myself that its only anxiety but it doesnt seem to be helping.

footballking
05-02-13, 19:22
I'm guessing nobody else suffers this?

dlr108
05-02-13, 20:05
ever since my health anxiety started months ago this has being the symptom that has done my head in thr most and it is a najor symptom of anxiety its like walking on a boat and sometimes its like a head rush for a second go onto the websie anxietycenter.com and you will find a complete list of symptoms you will be suorised.how many you can relate to

footballking
05-02-13, 20:17
ever since my health anxiety started months ago this has being the symptom that has done my head in thr most and it is a najor symptom of anxiety its like walking on a boat and sometimes its like a head rush for a second go onto the websie anxietycenter.com and you will find a complete list of symptoms you will be suorised.how many you can relate to

Mines more like a dropping sensation for a split second. For example when you are in an elevator drop feeling. Like you may fall? Do you get this also?

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

I am experiencing something similar at the moment. Feeling very spaced out, dizzy and sometimes off balance with jelly legs. I have no idea why... been 3 days...

I was doing really well last week, had a good week and was feeling okay. Then blam on sunday this sensation starts for no apparent reason and I can't shake it.

Trying to tell myself that its only anxiety but it doesnt seem to be helping.

Mines more like a dropping sensation for a split second. For example when you are in an elevator and it drops/ elevator drop sensation. Like you may fall? Do you get this also?

dlr108
05-02-13, 20:27
yea this is also what i get my cbt guy said what you just described about getting off a lift its all to do with your stress hormones

have you found your eyes nire sensitive to light lately? this is another big symptom that can actually make you feel dizzy

footballking
05-02-13, 21:36
yea this is also what i get my cbt guy said what you just described about getting off a lift its all to do with your stress hormones

have you found your eyes nire sensitive to light lately? this is another big symptom that can actually make you feel dizzy

Yes, maybe it's lack of sleep.

But the lift thing happens to me when i'm not on a lift also? So what does this mean?

dlr108
05-02-13, 21:47
its to do with your stress hormones keeping you on a high state of alert and this will cause dizzy off balance feeling try some deep breathing exercises and maybe some meditation exercises this will help a great deal