PDA

View Full Version : Decided to book a holiday!

Annie0904
05-02-13, 17:28
Nothing like throwing myself in at the deep end! My parents age 83 are wanting to go on holiday. I realise at their age they might not have many years of this opportunity left. I have had a good couple of days and in a mad moment last night I booked a holiday in Croatia! It is in May. I am now panicking...what have I done?!!! I spoke to my therapist today and she said we will work on it and has said she will get me there without rescue remedy and diazepam! I was quite excited about it when I booked it but now feel sick. talking to my therapist today we realised that the main reason I get panicky going places is because of the bad experiences I had with my ex husband. She said that next week it will be a 90 minute session and it will be very intense and that I should be prepared to feel very emotional and upset afterwards. She wants to work with the experiences I suffered with my ex.

swgrl09
05-02-13, 17:29
Hey, good for you!! You know what, this may be the best thing for you in the long run! You will work extra hard with your therapist and make a lot of progress (on top of the loads of progress you have already made)

Annie0904
05-02-13, 17:32
At least I have a few weeks to work on it. She made me realise a lot of things today like I don't feel worthy to have good things happen to me so I always expect something bad to happen.

nicola1980
05-02-13, 17:34
Im feeling the same, we've booked a 2 week holiday to malta in july and i keep asking myself 'why why why' , im sure you'll be fine and have a great time xx

almamatters
05-02-13, 17:36
Well done Annie! I'm sure it will be fine and you will have a lovely time :hugs: :hugs:

Annie0904
05-02-13, 17:47
Im feeling the same, we've booked a 2 week holiday to malta in july and i keep asking myself 'why why why' , im sure you'll be fine and have a great time xx
We took my parents to Malta a couple of years ago and it was lovely. Make sure you visit the Blue Grotto.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Well done Annie! I'm sure it will be fine and you will have a lovely time :hugs: :hugs:

The thing is..I know I am sure to have a lovely time it is just the fear of the unknown and as I discussed with my therapist, I somehow always fear something bad happening and don't think I should have a good time. Hopefully I will overcome those issues before I go.

Anxious_gal
05-02-13, 18:27
aw well done! Try to remember you want to go, it's the anxiety that's trying not to let you :)

Annie0904
05-02-13, 18:29
If I could just go to the airport and walk straight on the plane it wouldn't be so bad but queues get me so anxious!! I would rather drive there I think!

Serenitie
05-02-13, 20:42
You will be fine. This is amazing progress. Good for you! Life is for living, my love :yesyes:

Annie0904
05-02-13, 21:13
You will be fine. This is amazing progress. Good for you! Life is for living, my love :yesyes:

You have done so well this year and Ddcoo has really inspired me too. My Dad suffered from anxiety for years and he said now that he is 83 he looks back and sees the years he wasted. I am determined to overcome this, my dad is the one encouraging me to go on the holiday and I am going to do it for all those people who are encouraging and inspiring me. When I was younger I could go anywhere and not worry at all. In my early 20's I went with a friend coast to coast USA on a greyhound bus. Now I panic out of a 10 mile radius of my home! I know that it is things that happened with my ex husband that caused this and my therapist said we will work on those things over the next few weeks. Today is my birthday and I want today to be the start of a less nervous me :)

paranoidtree
05-02-13, 21:21
well done Annie! I think this is exactly what you need. I'm sure between you and your therapist you will get there and even have a good time too!

Annie0904
05-02-13, 21:27
well done Annie! I think this is exactly what you need. I'm sure between you and your therapist you will get there and even have a good time too!

Pity I couldn't take my therapist with me :)

Serenitie
05-02-13, 21:35
Oh, happy birthday! :bighug1: I hope you've had a wonderful day. What a great goal you have set yourself! Good for you!

I totally relate to what you are saying. I have had traumatic experiences, as have you. I refuse to be defined by them. Like you, I have always loved travelling. I've been to Thailand twice alone. I will go back again soon.

If I go out and make a monkey of myself I don't care any more. Rather that than be a prisoner within my home, or even worse, within myself.

Now when I start to think what if I....What if ....happens I now think so what? Or f**k it! I'm doing it anyway!

Who cares what people think? Those who matter don't mind. Those who mind don't matter :winks:

Keep up the good work, girl! I have every faith in you :bighug1:

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

BTW paranoid tree. I follow your blog and think that you are doing amazing! :bighug1:

I always look forward to your posts and seeing how you are doing :)

Annie0904
05-02-13, 21:50
Thank you Serenitie. I tell other people that life is for living and now I need to do that for myself. I have always had the what if's but when I think about it I have had more accidents in the home so maybe I am better to get out of it more :D

Serenitie
05-02-13, 21:54
:roflmao: You give great advice to so many. Start taking your own advice and the world will be your oyster :D

Annie0904
05-02-13, 21:55
:roflmao: You give great advice to so many. Start taking your own advice and the world will be your oyster :D

:roflmao: That is what my husband keeps saying to me :D

Serenitie
05-02-13, 21:56
:roflmao: That is what my husband keeps saying to me :D

He's right!!! :yesyes:

Janine
05-02-13, 22:12
Annie, well done for booking your holiday and Happy Birthday, you have a few months to get your self sorted and your therapist will help you prepare.

I lost my dad this time last year and you are right you never know how long they have left and we have to make the most of them and it is good that he is encouraging you. xx

Annie0904
05-02-13, 22:14
Annie, well done for booking your holiday and Happy Birthday, you have a few months to get your self sorted and your therapist will help you prepare.

I lost my dad this time last year and you are right you never know how long they have left and we have to make the most of them and it is good that he is encouraging you. xx

Thank you Janine. It is worth it all I guess just to see how excited my dad is :D He has probably started packing all ready!

BobbyDog
06-02-13, 08:00
Well done Annie, Like yourself I did a lot of travelling in my younger days.

You are being very brave taking this huge step forward. What a fantastic memory to have though, remembering how happy your parents were on the wonderful trip you had. I hope the counselling is productive for you, you are a strong lady and can do this.:yesyes:
Onwards and upwards!

Magic
06-02-13, 08:09
Annie,
Sorry I have missed your birthday. Hope you had a good day:hugs:yesterday.
Not had time to come to NMP yesterday as I was looking for parts for the car
on the internet for hours without success.
So brave of you to book the holiday xx

Annie0904
06-02-13, 10:26
Well done Annie, Like yourself I did a lot of travelling in my younger days.

You are being very brave taking this huge step forward. What a fantastic memory to have though, remembering how happy your parents were on the wonderful trip you had. I hope the counselling is productive for you, you are a strong lady and can do this.:yesyes:
Onwards and upwards!

I don't want to look back on life when I am my dads age and regret things I haven't done..it isn't going to be easy but I really must overcome this :)

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

Annie,
Sorry I have missed your birthday. Hope you had a good day:hugs:yesterday.
Not had time to come to NMP yesterday as I was looking for parts for the car
on the internet for hours without success.
So brave of you to book the holiday xx

Thank you, I hope you manage to get your car sorted soon.

vicky23
07-02-13, 12:03
oh wow how exciting! I totally understand how nervous you are though it's one of those scary/exciting things eek!

Annie0904
07-02-13, 12:30
oh wow how exciting! I totally understand how nervous you are though it's one of those scary/exciting things eek!

My therapist went through the positives about me going on holiday compared to the negatives and I must admit there are a lot more positives.

Dazzlar13
07-02-13, 14:00
I think it'll do you good. I've heard Croatia is awesome!
Where are you going? Dubrovnik? I've only skimmed though so I apologise if you've already said.

Annie0904
07-02-13, 15:01
I think it'll do you good. I've heard Croatia is awesome!
Where are you going? Dubrovnik? I've only skimmed though so I apologise if you've already said.

Istria, northern Croatia. Not far from Pula airport.

jonny
07-02-13, 20:01
Nothing like throwing myself in at the deep end! My parents age 83 are wanting to go on holiday. I realise at their age they might not have many years of this opportunity left. I have had a good couple of days and in a mad moment last night I booked a holiday in Croatia! It is in May. I am now panicking...what have I done?!!! I spoke to my therapist today and she said we will work on it and has said she will get me there without rescue remedy and diazepam! I was quite excited about it when I booked it but now feel sick. talking to my therapist today we realised that the main reason I get panicky going places is because of the bad experiences I had with my ex husband. She said that next week it will be a 90 minute session and it will be very intense and that I should be prepared to feel very emotional and upset afterwards. She wants to work with the experiences I suffered with my ex.

You will probably notice that i haven't posted here in a very long time, i used to but not so much now as i find reading about our problems hard work. I still occasionally browse quietly but rarely post.

However i felt i had to respond to you Annie as your post really made me laugh out loud.
Now please don't take that the wrong way, i laughed because i could have written your words, they made me look to myself and how irrational i can be sometimes.

I get excited about holidays and i convince myself that a trip will do me the world of good. But the moment i click that submit button on a booking i too feel sick. My stomach churns and my mind races with fear and i think "what the hell have i done". I think "well thats it, i have to go now, i am going to be ill, i can't possibly go away, i don't want to go, its going be awful, i am going to panic all the time i am there".
Every waking moment until i travel is spent regreting booking it and the closer that day is the worse it is.

Its totally stupid because i always love my hols, but i just can't stand the build up to them. Everyone else gets excited about going away - i throw up and shake with irrational fear.

Anyway.......i am right there with you Annie. I know how you feel.

Jon

Ps. Next week i am going to france skiing, ALONE, for 3 nights. Now thats one hell of a fear trip.

Annie0904
07-02-13, 20:22
Jonny I am so pleased it isn't just me..you are right as soon as I click the button to book I panic! A few days before the holiday I get in such a state, I can't think about anything. My husband has to take over and get everything together. I follow him like a lamb to the slaughter through the airport and the first thing I do when I get to the holiday cottage is hide in bed until the next day when I slowly venture out and explore the place to see that it isn't so bad after all! :roflmao: Honestly, my friends say they should do a reality tv show on me sometimes because my life seems so unbelievable! I have only been skiing once, that was about 30 years ago! I got stuck trying to do a kick turn. When the rest of the group where skiing slowly down the mountain I just went full steam ahead down the slope with my instructor yelling "You not go long time traverse!" Then I hit probably the only chunk of grass sticking up on the slope and went head over heels on my skis! Anyway I am sure you are a much better skier than me and I hope you have a great time (I enjoyed it even though I had some strange incidents!).

mandshere2000
08-02-13, 00:43
Hi
Good for you Annie just booking it and being so positive, I hope
you and your parents have a wonderful time....I went to Dubrovnik
when I was 21....48 now so was many years ago it was a really nice
place, I actually fly today dinner time and its only hour flight, just going
to Belfast for the weekend and I'm so scared because hate flying and I've
flown many times over the years, the doctor has given me a few Valium
but will try to not take them and just do breathing....would welcome some
positives vibes from anyone lolol
Manda

hanshan
08-02-13, 04:32
Hi Annie,

Congratulations for taking this step. You go with the best wishes of everyone posting here.

I think almost everyone gets anxious before holidays, but some people much more than others. When you get to the airport, just think "there are lots of other people here also stressed out by the queues and confusion".

Best of luck.

Emma86
08-02-13, 09:36
Oh well done on booking it! I posted the other day about being so scared about going to this concert I really want to go to, once the tickets are booked, no turning back!
Its great to have a therapist for these times, Ive been seeing mine for ages and hes great with things like this.
You will have a great time and be so proud that you went :D

Annie0904
08-02-13, 09:49
Oh well done on booking it! I posted the other day about being so scared about going to this concert I really want to go to, once the tickets are booked, no turning back!
Its great to have a therapist for these times, Ive been seeing mine for ages and hes great with things like this.
You will have a great time and be so proud that you went :D[/QUI

In 2011 I got tickets to see Take That and panicked so much on the day I couldn't go :( I was gutted. Determined I am not going to let anything like that happen again! I hope you enjoy the concert, I am sure you will.

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

[QUOTE=mandshere2000;1116120]Hi
Good for you Annie just booking it and being so positive, I hope
you and your parents have a wonderful time....I went to Dubrovnik
when I was 21....48 now so was many years ago it was a really nice
place, I actually fly today dinner time and its only hour flight, just going
to Belfast for the weekend and I'm so scared because hate flying and I've
flown many times over the years, the doctor has given me a few Valium
but will try to not take them and just do breathing....would welcome some
positives vibes from anyone lolol
Manda

I wish you a lovely weekend in Belfast and hope the flight goes well for you.

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

Hi Annie,

Congratulations for taking this step. You go with the best wishes of everyone posting here.

I think almost everyone gets anxious before holidays, but some people much more than others. When you get to the airport, just think "there are lots of other people here also stressed out by the queues and confusion".

Best of luck.

Thank you :D

Emma86
09-02-13, 18:30
Oh how disappointing :( thats what I dont want to happen. These tickets cost quite a fair bit and I'm going with 2 friends. I will go! :D

panickyme
09-02-13, 18:36
Annie, I am sorry I missed your Birthday. Happy Happy Belated Birthday, and I hope your day was special. So proud of you booking a Holiday! You are going to have so much fun.:hugs:

Annie0904
09-02-13, 18:40
Thank you Debbi. I am sort of looking forward to the holiday :) I am sure I will be fine once I get there, it is just the journey I panic about :D I hope you have been able to dig yourself out of the snow over there! xx

panickyme
09-02-13, 18:46
Ahhhh thank you, we did not get as much as the other states. You are going to have a great time, and you are surrounded by people you love, and feel comfortable with. That helps so much. I'm not sure are you flying, or driving? You deserve this Annie, keep telling yourself that, you have been through so much. :hugs:

Annie0904
09-02-13, 18:50
We will be flying :scared15: My therapist insists I will be able to do it without bottles of rescue remedy and diazepam! x

panickyme
09-02-13, 18:57
Omg Annie I am petrified of flying (never have flown) I am sooooooooooo happy that you are able to do that. Bless you. I would need an entire pharmacy to be able to do that. You are such a strong person, you are going to do great. :hugs:

AuntieMoosie
09-02-13, 19:08
Wow Annie!!! You're doing so well. I could only dream of going away anywhere, let alone abroad, I've still got a long way to go before I reach that stage. I wouldn't be able to fly either....I don't even like being in an airport :scared15:

It's a very brave step to take with booking the holiday and all, I don't know if I can ever imagine myself being able to that again, hopefully one day I will, but that option seems miles away for me yet :unsure:

I'm sure that your therapist will work with you to help you along the way :)

Happy Belated Birthday :)

Annie0904
11-04-13, 11:24
Actually starting to look forward to the holiday although I still have this feeling of it being a dark scary place...I get this feeling everywhere I go for the first time and
rationally I know it won't be but that is just how my thinking goes.
I thought Croatia was Euros and have a few left from last holiday but I have found out it is kuna.

Annie0904
06-05-13, 14:48
Not long to go now to my holiday..I have already done the online check in :scared15: The thing that is mostly worrying me is that we will need to be at the airport for 4:30 AM I really don't do mornings at the best of times. It is when my anxiety is the highest and more so when I am tired :scared15:

flori
06-05-13, 14:54
Hi Annie, You will be fine, I hope you all have a great holiday.
Flori x

Annie0904
06-05-13, 14:58
Thank you flori. I don't go until the end of the month but starting to get a little anxious :)

Edie
06-05-13, 15:33
Oh my goodness, that's an early start! Good luck.

I'm getting up at 6 tomorrow morning for my holiday. No plane, just a 10-hour train journey to the Scottish Highlands. I've been too busy to get nervous, but it's kicking in now!

Annie0904
06-05-13, 15:43
I hope the journey goes well for you and that you have a lovely time when you get there Edie x

flori
06-05-13, 16:02
Thank you flori. I don't go until the end of the month but starting to get a little anxious :)
--------
Sorry Annie I thought you were going in the early hours of tomorrow. But I know the feeling of being anxious at future events. Thinking of going down town, at times makes me anxious. Have you got anything to relax you on the plane F x

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Oh my goodness, that's an early start! Good luck.

I'm getting up at 6 tomorrow morning for my holiday. No plane, just a 10-hour train journey to the Scottish Highlands. I've been too busy to get nervous, but it's kicking in now!
--------------
Hope you all enjoy your holiday Edie :)

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

Edie.
Remember and bring your wellies and raincoat, it`s raining as usual.:D

Annie0904
06-05-13, 16:27
I have some Diazepam in case of emergency! I just wish there was some way to get away on holiday without having to travel!! :D

flori
06-05-13, 16:53
I have some Diazepam in case of emergency! I just wish there was some way to get away on holiday without having to travel!! :D
-----------
LOL Annie, That`s good you have some of those to take.
F x

Edie
08-05-13, 17:32
I made it to the Cairngorms. Just about. But now I'm here, I'm happy :)

Annie0904
08-05-13, 18:12
I hope you have a lovely time Edie :)

Annie0904
10-05-13, 19:55
Only 2 weeks to go...:scared15: Last year we went to Scotland, I didn't leave the cottage all week apart from a visit to A&E for stronger pain killers. I cried nearly all week so this is now making me worry that I will be the same in Croatia. Rationally though..We went to Scotland just 3 months after my accident, I was in constant severe pain, I was still in plaster cast. I just need to get it into my head that circumstances are totally different to last year!

Annie0904
19-05-13, 22:22
Only 1 week to go!!!:scared15: Why do I put myself through this? Feeling more anxious as the time gets closer. Mind you...I don't know if it is the holiday I am getting anxious about or the fact that I will be getting a filling in my tooth on Wednesday :unsure: At the moment I just feel like I wish the holiday was over with and I was back home again :doh:

flori
19-05-13, 23:25
Aw Annie, You will be glad when Wednesday is over. Hope that calms you down a bit.
How long are you going on holiday for.

mikejames
20-05-13, 08:36
Annie enjoy your holiday -- god knows you deserve it -- I go tomorrow on a cruise and although I am panic stricken i will be fine so relax put your feet up and enjoy ............much love mike:yesyes:

Annie0904
20-05-13, 09:26
flori I am going for a week.
Mike I hope you have a lovely time on the cruise :)
I didn't sleep last night due to the pain in my tooth...Can't wait to get this treated, it is really triggering my anxiety again.

Annie0904
23-05-13, 06:54
Only a couple of days to go and at the moment I really do not want to go :( After having a tooth out yesterday and the way it has triggered my anxiety all I want to do is stay in my bedroom. Have been awake since 5am this morning...tired, awful taste in my mouth and feeling nauseous. I am taking antibiotics to prevent infection in my tooth but they always upset my tummy a bit :( I don't want to let my hubby and parents down by saying I can't go as I know they won't go if I don't :(

Lawton86
23-05-13, 12:53
hi

I thought maybe a could help abit.

Last September we went on a family trip to Ireland...with my girlfriend, mum and dad, brother and his girlfriend.....to cut a long story short I had a panic attack while I was there.....wasn't nice but still got home on a plane feeling really quite horrible. The worst thing for me was, me and my girlfriend was going to spain 2 weeks later for 10 days.........my god I did not weant to go, I felt so bad.

I had to drive us for an hour and half to airport, having to pull over 4 times on the way thinking I couldn't do it, but I kept pushing. I was shaking like a leaf when I got to airport . went through check-in and straight to bar. It calmed me down abit and did help me take my steps onto the plane. Anyway to cut a long story short my holiday was nice, I had my low periods, but we was round the pool everyday and such......but

when I got home I felt more relaxed......but I looked back at that holiday and thought......it could have been so much better and their was nothing to worry about. I felt very disappointed that I didn't enjoy the time I had their like I should have and that I was counting down the days. I know it so so so so hard sometimes.......but really sometimes you just have to grab your balls (well for me :P ) and just say f**k it, your not spoiling this!

So my input is....been there, done that, ruined the holiday abit for me and my partner......and when I came back I realized their was nothing to be scared of at all!

Tessar
23-05-13, 13:03
annie.... i get the feeling that if you didnt go, you would regret it, really you would.
The scariest bit I find is the actually booking it. You know you can do it and there are a few days before you go.
What you need to do is start thinking about other things in the meantime rather than think about this non-stop as its just going to make you feel worse.
I'm sure if you were advising someone else you would encourage them to go wouldnt you? So maybe we can give you enough support & advice to convince you to go as well???

vicky23
23-05-13, 13:08
hi guys....I'm back from Italy! It was lovely, but it had it's difficult times of anxiety. Annie I'm sure you'll be the same, it will have it's hard times but you've already been through horrible anxious times and you survived! The good thing is that looking back now I'm thinking of the good times I had not the bad.
You've gone through anxious times before you can do it again and you'll have some fantastic memories too
XXXX

Annie0904
23-05-13, 14:19
The silly thing is I know because I have done it before..I had to be dragged crying onto a plane to Portugal once but I enjoyed the holiday when I got there! If only I could get over this fear of things before an event :(

Tessar
23-05-13, 14:26
well, being apprehensive is most likely very natural, even regular travellers might have the odd concern. If it makes you feel any better annie, i am flying for work again in two weeks. you helped me alot getting through my first work flights the other day & now I am going to be strong for you..... its ok to be scared, you cant help it but that doesnt mean you cant do it and i think, from what you say, that you already know that.

Annie0904
23-05-13, 14:45
I do and I know I have to do it and will do it but it would have been so much easier if I hadn't had this stupid tooth to contend with at the same time :(

Tessar
23-05-13, 17:16
you're absolutely right, annie, it was ridiculously unfortunate timing.... at least now you have a good dentist!!! and a holiday to look forward to!!!! he he.

Annie0904
24-05-13, 08:19
I posted this in February and the time is now here!!! Honestly you would think I was preparing to go into hospital for a major operation not a holiday? Why can't I get excited about holidays like others do (maybe not on NMP but you know what I mean). It is just unfortunate that I am still in pain from the tooth extraction. We leave tomorrow night to go to the airport for an early morning flight on Sunday morning. I really just feel like I want to curl up in bed and hide and not go anywhere :(

Tessar
24-05-13, 09:08
"Why can't I get excited about holidays like others do".... i know what you mean annie, when i first went abroad I had a colleague who wouldnt shut up about it. i kept saying "i dont want to talk about it". she kept saying "arent you excited yet" - I wanted to say "no, i am crapping my pants over this; i am ridiculously stressed i'm about to do the most scary thing i've ever done in my life so why the hell dont you shut up about it and leave me alone coz you are making me feel worse". but of course i just said "no i'm not excited". everyone here will know the answer to your question in their own way, annie.
it's because you are facing your fear. and for any of us that is the biggest challenge we can possibly have, isnt it?
i have great respect for you and what you are doing and i'm sure everyone else here will too because we relate strongly to the fears and also the amount of strength & courage it takes to fight them. at the end of this will be a huge reward for you, annie. you will feel so good at accompishing this, I know that and I'm sure you do too.
Meanwhile, you can curl up in bed and hide. why not? Take time out, relax (!!!!). Anyway, I for one will be thinking about you this weekend and next week of course!!!!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Annie0904
24-05-13, 09:17
Thank you Tessar :)
When I started shaking and crying at the dentist he asked me "What is going through your mind now" I told him and he reassured me (while trying quickly to sedate me as quick as he could!).
Okay so what is going through my mind right now? Mainly the worry that as sometimes when landing I get really bad ear pains. I already have pain in my mouth and will the pressure make that pain even worse?! I have such a low pain threshold as I know most people with anxiety do. This is my biggest fear.

Tessar
24-05-13, 09:57
ok, so i know that chewing on the bad side wont be advisable, but i get the same trouble with ear pain. its pretty unbearable at it's worst isnt it? my partner can "pop" her ears by doing a false yawn but this doesnt work for me. i have had trouble with my ears including a perforated eardrum as a teenager so i have to be careful. some people reckon sucking sweets helps; personally i use gum and loads of it. i chew upon take off and landing and that does help. it isnt veyr pleasant at all and having experienced it myself i really do sympathise. thing is, that despite the pain you can still do it. i wont let the pain stop me. not anymore. on my flights recently becasue it was a shorter and lower flight, i wasnt too bad. i'm hoping you can use this method (which you might do anyway) as it does make a difference. like not one bit of gum, but several. obviously not massively strong ones otherwise you might blow your head off!!! it also gives me something to do as well, which since i bite & chew anyway, is good for me!!! i hoep this helps, i have faith in you annie i really do.

Annie0904
24-05-13, 10:05
Thank you for having faith in me Tessar. Actually I have some of those ear plug things for flying and they did help last time...I must remember to look for them or buy more. I have got my clothes out ready to pack!

gregcool
24-05-13, 10:19
:hugs:Good for you Annie..you can.do it..Rem my holiday excperiance.how i was all panic and fear of going..and yet when i got there ALL my anxiety and fear when as soon as i got there..I never felt better i felt human and had the best week of my life...its just what u need..go for it

Annie0904
24-05-13, 10:24
Thank you Greg...I wish I could just be there without having to get there if you know what I mean. I am trying to think of the positives...sunny weather being the main one!

Tessar
24-05-13, 10:42
now, annie, packing is exciting!!! and the sun wil be lovely. everything greg says is right too! go for it!!!!

Annie0904
24-05-13, 10:46
I have just packed :) I really want to get through this without diazepam if I can but it is in my bag just in case!

gregcool
24-05-13, 14:57
Thats it Annie..just in case..But ! You wont need it..dont give in to the first feeling of any anxiety..I didnt when i drove 150 miles..i drove through the slight panic and anxiety and it just went !!!!! And when i got to my drsternation..i felt greeeeeeeat..and enjoyed the whole week and didnt want to go home...you can do it..

Tessar
24-05-13, 15:06
good thinking annie, as greg says, just in case!

no point having the meds but not having them with you. it means they are there if you need them. that's reassuring isnt it? no different to someone who gets indigestion having their tablets with them eh?

i am excited for you. that's because i know it'll be a challenge for you but one that ultimately is going to help you feel good about yourself. imagine soaking up the sun & relaxing. its going to be good for you.

Annie0904
24-05-13, 16:32
Thank you Tessar and Greg...This time on Sunday night I will be sitting on the sun terrace in the sun :)

Tessar
24-05-13, 18:49
Hmmm bit of sun on the terrace. Sounds really good. Keep thinking positive eh!!!

gregcool
24-05-13, 19:14
Thats the spirit Annie.all the rewards are waiting there for you..all you have to do is take them.and it will boost your confidence two and help you to atack more phobias in life when you come back fully charged

Annie0904
24-05-13, 19:39
I have to say that after needing the heating on here all day it is beginning to look like even the trauma of travelling may be worthwhile to get some sunshine :)

NE21 worrier
24-05-13, 21:08
Indeed, Annie! It really has been a miserable day in our part of the country today. I really hope you enjoy your holiday and that you will be OK once you get there.

I'm off to glamorous Preston for the bank holiday weekend (still nervous about that, myself) so I think you may be gone by the time I make my next visit to the forums but I will be thinking of you over the next week :) xx

(PS. I'm glad your tooth is sorted - this should give you a much better chance of enjoying your holiday now)!

Annie0904
24-05-13, 21:20
Enjoy Preston Peter. I may have internet in Croatia so will try to check in to see how everyone is doing.
Unfortunately I am in more pain after having the tooth out!

NE21 worrier
24-05-13, 21:36
Ah, hopefully the pain will ease during the next week. Enjoy Croatia, hope you come back with a rave review as I'm also heading there in June! At this stage, I can't wait - I'm just hoping the anxiety does not build up about it too much before then :)

Annie0904
25-05-13, 10:40
Well today is the day...travelling to the airport tonight ready for an early morning flight tomorrow. Mouth still sore and anxiety levels rising :( I am going to do it though!!!!

Edie
25-05-13, 11:52
Your mouth will feel better in a few days and you will have a lovely holiday. Look forward to hearing all about it. Hope you get some nice weather!

Take care xxx

Annie0904
25-05-13, 14:26
My plan...I have just downloaded free relaxing music onto my MP3 to listen to during take off...a couple of diazepam in my pocket (just in case) Hopefully by the time we are up in the air after being up since 4:30 tomorrow morning I will be asleep :) By the time I wake up I will be in sunny Croatia. (Lets just hope things go to plan!!!)

Tessar
25-05-13, 15:50
You really are going to do it Annie..... I am proud of you and you habit even gone yet!!!!
You are planning well here my friend. Take care wont you and I will be ready to hear all about your adventures when you get back!!!

Annie0904
25-05-13, 15:58
Will try to make contact when I get there..bye for now everyone (you would think I was going on a mission into outer space!)