PDA

View Full Version : My Story

Semper Fi
05-02-13, 19:40
Hi,

Thought I would let you know my story.

7 years ago whilst serving in the Military I sustained an injury that basically left me disabled for 18 months. I spent the next 2 years fighting my way back to my original fitness level, however during this time I developed HA. I basically panic about symptoms thinking that I will be left the same way I was 7 years ago.

It's difficult when you lead an active life and all of a sudden your sat in a chair unable to move and I never really realised the mental impact that can have.

Anyhooo! I tend to worry a lot which in turn leads to anxiety and physical symptoms which then leads to the whole vicious circle. Most of the time i can crack it by keeping myself busy or going to the gym!

I suppose the key is to recognising it and dealing with it, but the difficult thing for me is that every week brings a new physical symptom.

I checked this site out 6 years ago and it really helped.

Big respect to all of you all!

Annie0904
05-02-13, 19:47
Hi :welcome: It was a foot injury which triggered my recent bout of anxiety. I am sure No where near as bad as the injury you will have received but it is hard to suddenly not be able to be mobile and this really affected me. I am sure you will find lots of help and support on this site as I have.

nomorepanic
05-02-13, 19:51
Hi Semper Fi

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.