PDA

View Full Version : Drinking milk in early pregnancy

cocohac
05-02-13, 20:00
Hello all,

This many sound a strange question to some of you but I was wondering if it is OK to drink semi skimmed milk that you can buy from tesco whilst you are pregnant? I think I am 6 weeks and fancy a glass of milk.

Also, I havent had any pregnancy symptoms. All I have been getting is since Friday I have been burping a lot. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or no symptoms at all.

I had a miscarried in November and although my body returned to normal very quickly afterwards, I am still nervous

Many thanks

Helen

Annie0904
05-02-13, 20:05
It is fine to drink milk, in fact milk is good for you. 6 weeks maybe early to have symptoms but I am sure they will come soon :) I wish you well with the pregnancy. I Know what it is like to feel nervous after a previous miscarriage. :hugs::hugs:

cocohac
05-02-13, 20:12
Hello lovely to hear from you :)

Thank you for your reply and also a big thank you for all your support you gave me when I was going through the miscarriage last time .

I will get drinking my milk :D

Take care

Helen

starlight78
07-02-13, 23:43
Hi Helen,

Congratulations!! Sending you lots of luck and best wishes x.

cocohac
13-02-13, 20:49
Hello, thank you very much. I'm going to ask for an early scan next week just to put my mind at rest as I had a miscarriage last time. Fingers crossed things will be OK this time xx

Annie0904
13-02-13, 20:51
I had early scans too to give me peace of mind. Keep us informed :) xx

cocohac
13-02-13, 21:43
Yes of course I will x
:D

cocohac
22-02-13, 10:19
Hi. Everyone,
A little update. I went to the doctors to ask to be referred for an early scan but the hospital said they won't scan me as I haven't had any bleeding or pain. So I'll have to wait 3 weeks before I can get a 12 week scan. Its deffo gunna be the longest 3 weeks ever x

ricardo
22-02-13, 11:00
Pregnancy is not a subject I know a lot about as you ladies do all the hard work :) but I know that folic acid is a very important supplement whilst pregnant and can be obtained in cartons of milk .I actually had a very low folic acid count and always drink Flora Folic B milk.

Annie0904
22-02-13, 11:44
Hi. Everyone,
A little update. I went to the doctors to ask to be referred for an early scan but the hospital said they won't scan me as I haven't had any bleeding or pain. So I'll have to wait 3 weeks before I can get a 12 week scan. Its deffo gunna be the longest 3 weeks ever x

I am sorry they are making you wait for a scan when you were hoping for an earlier one. I know how anxious a time this can be. The good thing is though, that you can see a lot more of baby at 12 weeks :)

cocohac
22-02-13, 17:12
Hello,
Thanks for both you replies.
I've actually just booked for a private scan for tomorrow now so will find out tomorrow. Couldn't wait 3 weeks.
Ricardo, thanks for your advice. I'm taking folic acid tablets at the moment but never knew some milks have it in them too. Thanks for the tip

X

Annie0904
22-02-13, 17:46
I am pleased you can have the scan tomorrow :) I didn't know folic acid is in some milks either, it is good for so many things. I think it is good for colon problems too so maybe I should take it as a supplement. I can only drink soya milk though. :(

cocohac
23-02-13, 15:56
Just got back from my scan and I saw a heartbeat yay they said I was around 9 weeks. Fingers crossed all will be ok this time x

Annie0904
23-02-13, 16:02
I am so pleased to hear that :) Will keep my fingers, toes and everything crossed for you xx

cocohac
23-02-13, 16:10
Thank you xx

:D