PDA

View Full Version : Throat/neck concern

jojo69
05-02-13, 20:50
hi,
i was just wondering if anyone can advise me on what to do i have noticed that the left side of my throat/neck aches. ive felt like this for a few month now and been to the docs twice. he said there isnt any sign of swollen glands but when i touch my neck i can feel a lump that moves around sort of pops in and out when i prod it so naturally me being me thinks the worst. Is this caused by anxiety or do u think i should go back to the docs? Beacause i really cant take any more worrying its really making my life hell x

mozzi
05-02-13, 21:15
Hi jojo69!
I went to see my gp for a sore neck and shoulders, which I've had for weeks, I too had felt a lump in the left side of my neck just above the shoulder blade ,its movable,
Anway I mentioned the lump to her and she had a good feel around my neck and shoulders and said it all felt fine, I can still feel the lump and im making myself sore from keep prodding at it, im so fed up of going to the doctors with issues cause its just one thing after another, but its a worry!

Anxious_gal
05-02-13, 21:31
I have neck lumps, movable too and an ache in my throat/neck, this has been on going for a while. It sucks because I haven't had an xray or a biopsy to see what the lumps are or if there might be a physical reason for my sore neck :/
I would like to know what my lumps are and why my neck hurts!
I think if doctors gave us proper answers maybe we wouldn't worry as much?

if your lump is fairly new, it might be a lymph node, or you can get harmless fluid filled cysts in the neck area too.
If your muscles are tense or sore they can cause any ache, a good shoulder/neck massage might help.

I just had blood work done, won't get the results until tomorrow, also going to an oral surgeon for a mouth issue, but hope they might have an idea about the neck lumps.

If I ever find out what they are I'll totally make a post about it : )

jojo69
08-02-13, 22:19
thanks for replying guys, I was just looking on here and ive had this ache in my throat/neck since june last year, ive been to the docs twice both times they have said theres nothing to worry about im beginning to think is it in my imagination. The first thing i do when i wake up in the morning is put my hand straight to my throat and start prodding and poking which could be making it sore thru the day but then again my mind has a way of making that big mountain out of a small molehole. I am fed up of being such a hyprachondriac its making my life a pure misery its like im wishing something bad to happen why do we do this to ourselves? And the truth is im absoloutley petrofied of it being anything serious :weep: i need to give myself a shake and start looking on the bright side instead of the dark xxx