PDA

View Full Version : vision problems but eyes are perfect

owls
06-02-13, 00:02
I seen an eye doctor two weeks ago who dilated my eyes and looked in my eye, she said everything looked great. I've been seeing flashes and crazy static everywhere for months now and the flashes are getting worse. MRI and ct scan are normal

what could cause these vision problems if its not in my eyes itself? Would it be in the back of the head where the optical lobe is? My vision has really been screwing up..blurry, static, flashes, they are bloodshot and look yellowish.

please respond

kittyj
06-02-13, 00:09
Hi, it could be a migraine. I sometimes get the aura stage without the headache. It can cause blurred vision, blind spots and seeing a jagged halo, vibrating halo. Is it anything like that?

owls
06-02-13, 00:14
Hi, it could be a migraine. I sometimes get the aura stage without the headache. It can cause blurred vision, blind spots and seeing a jagged halo, vibrating halo. Is it anything like that?

No, these things never go away. I have headaches but I notice no difference when I have a headache and then the headache goes away. They are manageable. I always see the flashes and static but until the last two days, my eyes are blood shot and that's when I noticed they are looking yellowish.

Daisy Sue
06-02-13, 00:20
are you sleeping ok?

maybe go back to your gp... there has to be an explanation for physical things such as bloodshot or yellowing eyes, and as you've seen an eye doctor who was happy with her findings, it's probably something very simple.

kittyj
06-02-13, 00:28
Sorry to hear that. Are you getting enough sleep? I know sleep deprivation can cause visual disturbances, as can eye strain from staring at tvs, monitors for too long.

You should probably have a blood test if you're concerned about yellowish eyes to rule out jaundice, which can be treated. Eating lots of fruit and veg and staying away from alcohol will help with liver issues.

I hope you get to the bottom of it soon, but the main thing is not to worry! (Must practise what I preach.)