PDA

View Full Version : left arm pain

jackie
04-09-06, 19:59
oh i am so sorry to waste another post but for the last few weeks my almost worst symptom is my left arm. gp says it is muscular

i am so worried it is actually really sore

has any one else had this. its been here ages and i am so frightened

jackie

juju
04-09-06, 20:11
hi jackie,
i had this for a while, it turned out i was sleeping funny, maybe you too?
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

jackie
04-09-06, 20:13
really juju

so worried today about it it has lasted for weeks

thanks for posting

jackie

juju
04-09-06, 20:17
have u been to docs? or maybe try something like a muscular cream from chemist to see if this works first, i think i used deep heat, that worked
take care
julie

lass
04-09-06, 20:17
Hi Jackie,

What kind of pain is it? Maybe it's a trapped nerve causing it. Sometimes tension in the neck and shoulders can radiate down the arm. Maybe you could get a physio or sports masseur opinion on it and they might be able to do something to help.

Sorry I can't be of any more help :-(

Caroline
xx

juju
04-09-06, 20:18
sorry jackie
you have been to docs silly me lol
julie

jackie
04-09-06, 20:23
yeah ive been cheers

it is like a deep pain and i cant describe it. it is so sore but i cant tell you in what way, sorry guys no use really

its like radiating down my whole arm. doc says its nothing but im so struggling

jackie

juju
04-09-06, 20:26
there is nothing more frustrating than a lingering pain that wont bugger off
try a sports stretchy thingy (you know what i mean they are white)
julie

redbaron
04-09-06, 20:32
I don't know if it's similar but about 2 months ago I couldn't stop waking up in the morning with pins and needles in my fingers and my arm dead. It was happening day after day, after a while it just stopped. I have had a trapped nerve in my shoulder before which illicits similar sort of pain but also has other symptoms.

To determine if your problem is at all muscular I would recommend going to see an osteopath asap. They are able to look at the muscular alignment in relation to your spine and check on areas that may be causing you problems. It's well worth it and you don't need a doctor to recommend you.

“There is a certain sort of man who ignores his own good qualities but is tormented by his bad ones, this is the man who writes about himself.”
-W. Somerset Maugham

clickaway
04-09-06, 21:35
Jackie,

I've had muscular pain for getting on for three years now, and I know its anxiety driven as it recedes when my anxiety does.

It's horrible I know. When I get in a right state, my muscles move so much, it gets really really sore and takes ages to for the pain to go.

Hang on in there.

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

piranhaman
05-09-06, 10:52
Hi Jackie

i had a deep aching pain in my arm for months. it almost felt like some growing pains i had when i was a kid. i could move my arm absolutly fine and it didnt increase or decrease the pain.

While on the phone to my mother, she told me about this chiropractor she saw and how he could tell when she was stressed etc and also how he seemed to be a miracle worker in removing all pains and stress when she saw him.

I made an appointment to see a chiropractor (to stop her nagging).

After my consultation, he told me i was suffering from a lot of stress and anxiety etc but then he asked if that caused any stomach trouble.

I explained that i got quite abit of indegestion and was responsible for rennie and remegel doing so well. He explained that the indegestion and possible IBS symptoms were causing my abdominal muscles to tighten which in turn pulled on my upper torso muscles making my arms weaker and painful.

all sounded like gobbledegook to me but he spent 5 mins doing some weird manipulations around my abdomen area.

I left his office without any pain at all and 2 years on i have not had any arm pain at all and i no longer seem to get ndegestion issues like i used to.

I am not trying to reccomend you see a chiropractor, im trying to say that our bodys are very very complicated where one thing affects another.

We all know that anxiety and worry leads to aching muscles etc due to the release of all those brain chemicals.

The way i try and stave off aches and pain these days is by exercise. I find gentle resistance training done at home stretches my muscles and also uses up all those nasty brain chemicals.

I am far from better and struggle with my problems everyday but, i feel that attacking my aches and pains this way at least makes me feel that im taking control.

Hope this helps and remember this wont be for ever

take care Nick

lass
05-09-06, 11:37
Hi Jackie, I've been thinking about you and I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

What frightens you most about the pain? - is it the actual pain or is it not knowing for definite the cause and worrying it is something serious?

manmoor
05-09-06, 12:05
Hey Jackie,

I've had the left arm pain and it always goes into left leg. I know how your thinking tho that its your heart but its not it's just muscular please try to believe this xxxxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

lainey
05-09-06, 12:13
Hi Jackie

I get this all the time too, it's probably due to tense muscles in your neck and shoulders and it's a very common symptom of anxiety, try not to worry although I know it's hard.

Take care

Elaine x

boy
05-09-06, 14:08
I had a pain in the socket of my left arm for weeks when I moved it but it went away, tho I was worried as it really did linger.

jackie
05-09-06, 15:06
god you are all so great thank you so much

its not really the pain, you are right its the fear of what it is however it is really sore

seems so like the pain i have nick you explain it so well i just couldnt find words for it but you hit the nail on the head, may just look into a chiropractor

thank you all

still sore today and chest very tight. had my first session with reike today

anyone else tried this

cheers again

jackie