PDA

View Full Version : gp advised to stop immediately help pls, x

Eastbournelad
06-02-13, 14:56
had some weird reaction. this morning, started vomiting have rash over neck, called gp and he advised to stop immediately, my last dose was last night at 10pm (20mg)' i have been on the tablets since last friday did 2 x 10mg days then 3 x doses of 20mg , he wants to reassess me and prescribe something else as thinks am having a reaction to them , ive stopped vomiting but have a temp and rash still there, not any worse thou, my next dose is due at 10 pm , even after this short time am i at risk of suffering withdrawals stopping quickly? i appreciate i maybe havin a dodgy reaction but am not keen on getting withdrawals as well.... any advice welcome xx

Elle-Kay
06-02-13, 15:46
I don't know about withdrawal symptoms as I don't take any meds, but my general opinion is that withdrawal symptoms (IF you have any after only a few days, which I think is unlikely) will certainly be short-lived, whereas an allergic reaction may become more serious if you were to keep taking the tablets.

little scientist
06-02-13, 16:14
That sounds more like a virus to me than the citalopram (rash, temperature, vomiting).

As Elle-Kay says, I think any withdrawl effects should be short lived, and there are plenty of alternatives you can go on instead :)

Eastbournelad
06-02-13, 17:13
yes tbh i was feeling okay until, 11am, then got shivery etc.... wont be beaten, will pick myself up snd try again!!! still got temp and rash ;)

little scientist
06-02-13, 17:36
That's the spirit!

Eastbournelad
08-02-13, 15:44
been put on prozac no, not sure how i feel anout that but fingers crossed