PDA

View Full Version : Damn Cough

turnthelighton
06-02-13, 20:47
My cough seems to be lasting for ages! Not coughing a lot but when I do it feels like I am chocking, some time I being up some white/clear Flemm sorry tmi. Still have a runny nose too :-(

Saw the advert that if you have a cough for more than 3 weeks you should see your doc!

Daisy Sue
06-02-13, 20:58
some of these winter virus's hang around for weeks :( it's probably just that... try some home remedies like inhaling steam or having a wet towel on your radiator, hot drinks with honey etc.. if you think you have a raised temperature, probably best to see the doc.

RVP
06-02-13, 22:49
I had a cough from April last year to December.
And it just randomly went. So I really wouldn't worry if your only coughing.
I finished off 2 bottles of cavonia in the first 2 weeks and after that I didn't bother.

countrygirl
06-02-13, 22:58
Loads of people this year me and alot of my friends included have had coughs lasting months on end. Real throat tickle and choking and white gunk with post nasal drip down throat which is probably cause of it.

If you are a smoker and have a nasty cough without having had a cold or anything then its sensible to see your Dr but my Dr rolls his eyes at all these government campaigns and says its just a case of they have to be seen to be doing something while all it really does is clog up the system with perfectly healthy people having chest x rays and the people who really need it don't come to Dr anyway!!

As always if you cough up blood stained stuff or the stuff gets very green/yellow see your Dr.

Anxious_gal
07-02-13, 01:34
it's normal to have a cough for weeks on end.
But I guess you should see your doctor if you are coughing all day and night, having chest pain, fever and your muscles hurt a lot from the force of the coughing.

I've a mild cough for a while, sometimes I can feel the stuff stuck in my chest and it makes me cough like when you inhale water or swallow it down the wrong way.
It can be hard to stop and catch your breath and you can get very lightheaded from the coughing fit, it can help to breathe through your nose.

some of the stuff I brought up was green, but it was only a small bit and the rest was all white/clear.

turnthelighton
11-02-13, 16:58
Thanks for all your replies. Still have the damn cough but it was not all the time, it does catch me when I do cough, it is like I can not breath and that I will choke. My nose is either runny or stuff up. Its been ages :-(