PDA

View Full Version : Really scared

loulou
04-09-06, 20:55
Hi All,

I need to get this off my chest and cant talk to anyone i know cause they will think ive gone mad.... Im really scared im doing a 60km (40 mile) walk for charity the weekend after next and im getting really scared ive not done hardly any training and im scared im going to do a jade goody and collapse even the thought of having to have a tin foil wrap thing round me when im finish has freaked me out (that sounds soooo stupid when i actually type it) im scared im gonna over heat and collapse or worse even die i know it sounds stupid but im really frightened i can hardly sleep im soo worried but i dont want to pull out cause its for a good cause and a lot of people have sponsored me and i dont want to let them down or give in to my fears. I looked on some lady who did the walk last year's website and she said in her diary her friend had to be taken to hospital it didnt say what for but it did say she still finished the walk but that as frightend me even more i now its daft but i dont think ive ever dreaded something so much my whole life ...

soo needed to get that off my chest thanks for listening lol

Lisa

juju
04-09-06, 20:59
hi loulou,
well done for taking part you can do it, im sure u wont have anything happen to you,
you will probably enjoy it hun. if u feel u cant complete the walk finish early on, its the trying that counts anyway, tell yourself u dont have to complete it and it wont seem so overwhelming to you
take care
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

loulou
05-09-06, 13:47
The anxiety is really bad today i fell physically sick to my stomach cant stop the butterflies its horrible i just feel like crying !!!!

Lisa

Lynnann
05-09-06, 13:53
Hi Loulou,

I agree with Juju and no-one will think any less of you if you can't complete it! It is the trying that counts! These walks are very organised and they have medics there, So dying is unlikely! Just make sure you have comfortable shoes!!

I am sure you will have a great time and the other walkers will be there for you as well!!

Hugs to you

Lynnann

lass
05-09-06, 13:56
You should be really proud of yourself for taking part. Don't put pressure on yourself about completing the whole thing - it's a massive task - just take it a step at a time.

If you feel ill, stop. No one will mind if you don't complete it all. Your sponsors will all still pay up because they are supporting you and your worthy cause.

Are you doing this alone or with friends? Sounds like you could use some support here.

But nothing is worth getting yourself in such a state about - what you are planning to do is very worthwhile, but really, no one would want you to be feeling so bad about it.

I wish I could say something that would make you feel better about it. I know how you feel coz I'm exactly the same when anticipating an event. But you are in control of what you do and if you don't feel able to start it, finish it, or whatever, that is totally your decision and no one will think badly of you.

jackie
05-09-06, 15:11
lou lou i would be so afaid too but it is in our minds that we have a problem and you doing this is so brave.

your right, try not to give into your fear, you will feel afraid but when your finished you will have achieved something huge in my eyes and the fear will be lessened

good luck

jackie

loulou
05-10-06, 13:31
HI ALL,

Sorry Ive havn't updated this sooner..... Well I DID it i Flippin Did it and i loved it. It was by no means easy and proably the hardest thing ive ever done but also the most rewarding thing... on the saturday we walked 26 miles and on the sunday we walked 12 miles (well i actually missed out 4 of them as i was being sick by the side of the road niceee) But once i felt better i carried on and the feeling i got when we crossed the finish line and saw everyone i loved cheering for me was just the best feeling ever and worth all the worry for. the were a few occasions i felt panicky but i delt with them by thinking nice thoughts (my aunts idea). I'd like to say thanks to everyone who sponosred me of here it really was appreciated . All together the weekend raised £4m and to know i contributed to that is amazing feeling and im so proud of myself.

Thanks again xx

Lisa

Lynnann
05-10-06, 13:37
Well done loulou.

You must be so proud and rightly so

Great big happy hugs to you

Lynnann

hayles
05-10-06, 13:44
well done that is fantastic

Hay x