PDA

View Full Version : Radiation from phones..

Rls1994
07-02-13, 01:34
OK. I'm kinda freaked out right now and while this may sound absurd for someone at my age, I'm now worried about getting brain cancer or something.

I have to be in bed by 2 - 3 AM everyday and since I cannot sleep until 5 - 6 AM in the morning I take my BlackBerry to bed with me. I listen to music on it through headphones and surf the net on it for a while EVERYDAY for the last 8 months or so. I've only recently heard that BlackBerry's are one of the phones that emit the most radiation in phones. I'm scared the damage is already done and that I will develop brain cancer somewhere down the line... I was talking to someone earlier that had brain cancer and they said they knew it was due to their phone usage. I'm unable to believe this, but is it really true?.... A part of me is saying it is...

Yeah, I know this is really stupid but I DO use my phone an AWFUL lot. However, I do not use it to call people at all. I just use it for texting and surfing the net. I'm still scared though...

I'm now also reconsidering not using my laptop ever again either. Thing is, I don't have any friends to hang about with, but it's a choice really. I only like being with my family so yeah, I'm on the laptop an awful lot during the day and now I'm scared of using it..

Can someone reassure me? :shrug:

swgrl09
07-02-13, 14:02
Ive heard that the problem is if you hold it to your head a lot. If you are just playing around with it on head phones, you are fine. Even with holding it to your head, there are no true definitive studies saying it will give you cancer.