PDA

View Full Version : Still wanting to cry for no reason

PinkRoxy
07-02-13, 06:31
I am sorry I keep posting stuff on here but I just need to vent. I have been on my meds for a week now and have felt my mood starting to lift at times. I even managed to laugh with a friend today and it felt natural too.

However I still get this overwhelming feeling of wanting to cry for no reason, its like I don't like myself and think I am worthless and no one else would like me either and then I want to cry and every little thing that bothers me I have an urge to cry. I know I have friends that love me and family that love me but I can still not shake the feeling that I am not liked or loved. I think its because of my past as I was really shy and found it hard to make friends so therefore hardly had any, but now I have a lovely bunch of friends that seem to like me.

Does anyone know if citalopram will actually get rid of this feeling that I have? because when this feeling gets intense that is when the self harming thoughts come in and it scares me.

I am so sorry to bother you all again on here I know I have sent so many messages, I just want to feel happy and stable in my moods again.

Annie0904
07-02-13, 09:12
Hi, I sometimes get these same feelings and often cry and don't always know why I am crying! I think it is sometimes also like you a feeling of being worthless. I am having intense Psychotherapy at the moment and this is helping me to control these feelings. :hugs:

PinkRoxy
07-02-13, 09:51
Thanks Annie. Yeah its like over little things for me too. I notice with my depression too if something happened even something small then I would get really down and cannot bring myself up out of it. It can be something simple like someone having a bad day and not smiling at me and then I feel sad, want to cry the whole day and be in this black hole.

I mean I think it is slowly getting better with the meds but I still at times have the wanting to cry issue.

Annie0904
07-02-13, 10:20
Are you having any therapy like CBT?

LizzyLou
07-02-13, 14:41
Hi PinkRoxy, I feel the same I have been crying uncontrollably for no reason recently and I don't know why :'( I will have to go doctors about it again. I hope your ok

Pigeon
07-02-13, 15:35
Must be something in the air as I am exactly the same. So far with my depression not been crying much but today is different. Slightest thing sets me off.

Sorry that's not very helpful is it?

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Sorry, meant to say that I hope you all soon feel better. This ilnness makes me so self centred I sometimes hate myslef. xxx

PinkRoxy
07-02-13, 20:39
No don't be sorry it does help to know that others go through it too as I am not the only one. Thanks everyone I have made an appointment next Wednesday with my doctor hoping she can do something about it.

I had this depression since I lost my phone last year I was wondering why I couldn't get over the fact that I lost it and then it escalated it really is annoying.

WIth the self centred thing I know exactly what you mean and yes depression can do that because its an illness that is so powerful it takes over. My nana had it really bad and people were saying she only thought about herself when she was suffering but its not till now when I truly understood how she was feeling and generally she was lovely and loved to help others so much but she just couldn't when she was going through depression.

Don't feel bad I think with time it will get better for you.

Pigeon
07-02-13, 21:42
Pink Roxy you are such a star:) Thanks

Tessar
08-02-13, 14:07
usually if i am like this it's down to my hormones :-(

PinkRoxy
09-02-13, 08:51
Pigeon its all good aye you helped me out so much too especially in a time where I was so scared and didn't know what to do with myself. I just hope you are able to feel happy soon and enjoy life hun.

Tessar I get really bad PMT and yes I notice I cry for no reason and more often during that time too. But I also notice it through depression as well which is annoying even though the last couple of days have been better for me.

kchan
09-02-13, 10:55
Ive been having this feeling too , bursting into tears was one of the main things that happened to me when my anxiety hit. I went to a doc and was prescribed propanolol which helped but then my mood suddenly crashed again and even though I think positive (or try to) I still get this feeling of wanting to cry. Im seeing my doc again next week and it's the first thing I intend to ask about. Sorry there's no advice in this, just sharing my experience :)

PinkRoxy
11-02-13, 07:09
Ive been able to feel like I can cope the last couple of days and Ive even felt happier. I think Im going to stick on the citalopram for now and see how it goes as I am noticing some improvements. I just got to get my sleeping right though. I still take ages to fall asleep at night I don't seem tired before midnight and its a pain because now I have to get up at 6am in the morning to go to course which means I am left being tired from lack of sleep. I may need sleeping tablets something stronger than the antihistamine because I take the antihistamine early like 6pm and I STILL cant get to sleep till after midnight.

Sunshine77
11-02-13, 10:57
Hi all, yes this is exactly how I am too - been on Citalopram for just over 2 weeks and the last few days I've been like a leaky tap - the panic isn't as bad but I cry at the drop of a hat and once I start I can't stop. I don't feel any better afterwards either. Saw my doctor this morning and she thinks I should stick to the Cit at the same dose and just give it more time.

PinkRoxy - I was prescribed Zopiclone 3.75mg to help me sleep. I was told to take it a few days on the run to "re-set" my sleep pattern. It worked - I'm still not sleeping through but am getting a lot more sleep than I was before. Maybe give it a go? Good luck x

Pigeon
11-02-13, 11:45
Hi Pink Roxy
Glad you're feeling a little better. I agree with Sunshine about the Zoplicone. I take that too and my sleeping has impoved slightly. It's only for short term use but if it gets you back on a more nomal sleeping pattenr, it will help narrow.

Keep your chin up and take care

Pigeon
xxxxxxx

PinkRoxy
13-02-13, 06:35
Hello
THanks everyone. I went to my doctor today and have been put on aomething called amitriptyline to help me with sleep. I hope it does work but she doesn't want me on it full time just for the meantime until I get my sleep sorted.

Its been bad this week I have started this prep course for uni this week its for three days and just finished it today and haven't been able to sleep properly. I feel so overactive and full of energy I just cant seem to relax and sleep though. I did have a good week though getting to meet and get to know people in my uni class. I am sticking to the citalopram for now as it is increasing a lift in my mood so that's a good thing.

I hope things are going great for you both too

Pigeon
13-02-13, 08:28
Hi there

Glad to hear your mood is lifting and if you can get your sleep sorted that should help too. Sounds like you had a good week at uni so that's another good thing.

Keep up the good work - sure the over-actvity will settle once you settle into your course.

Lots of love
Pigeon
xxx

PinkRoxy
15-02-13, 08:52
Hi there

Glad to hear your mood is lifting and if you can get your sleep sorted that should help too. Sounds like you had a good week at uni so that's another good thing.

Keep up the good work - sure the over-actvity will settle once you settle into your course.

Lots of love
Pigeon
xxx

:) thanks :hugs:

Charlie11
15-02-13, 08:58
Hi. Pink. Amyitripyline is an old drug it was used originally for pain and then docs realised it for great for depression and anxiety. I've heard it's great for sleep. Enjoy your night sleep.

PinkRoxy
15-02-13, 09:10
Thanks Charlie. The last two nights I slept very well :) I am not taking it tonight though as my doctor doesn't want me to take it all the time just when I need it.