PDA

View Full Version : bladder/incontinence issues.

martin-sheff
07-02-13, 10:53
hi, i have been having bladder/incontinence problems for many years now,and finally built up the courage to go to see a male gp,as id seen the advert on tv re:overactive bladder problems i did the questionare online and it stated i could have an overactive bladder,told the gp,he said it could be anxiety which i suffer with,but the bladder issue as been a problem well before my anxiety,he said i needed to do a urine sample,i got results from receptionist and said all clear, so ive made another appointment to see him again,my worry is just because the urine sample came back all clear does it mean ill have to just put up with it?? or will he give me medication for it ?? it does get me down as i need to be close to a toilet.
the questions i answered yes to:
frequently needing toilet during day 8 times or more.
suddenly needing toilet,little warning
accidentle leackage of small amounts
waking up more than 2 times during the night.
a painful/uncomfortable sensation when using the toilet.
wetting the bed.
:blush::blush::blush::blush:

PinkRoxy
07-02-13, 20:45
no he would've done a urine sample to make sure there is no infection in there causing your problems. If you have overactive bladder it can come back all clear. Maybe ask them for some medication like oxybutynin to try and see if that helps. It does take a month or so for you to get use to it and you may have some side effects nothing bad though but in the end its worth it.

All the best aye.

martin-sheff
07-02-13, 23:01
no he would've done a urine sample to make sure there is no infection in there causing your problems. If you have overactive bladder it can come back all clear. Maybe ask them for some medication like oxybutynin to try and see if that helps. It does take a month or so for you to get use to it and you may have some side effects nothing bad though but in the end its worth it.

All the best aye.
hi, thanks for your reply,ill take a note of the medication you suggested and discuss it with doctor next week

PinkRoxy
09-02-13, 08:53
Its all good. Let us know how you get on :)

Ingenious
10-02-13, 00:13
For the leakage or incontinence aspect you might like to Google "Kegel" exercises and male pelvic floor exercises. They're suggested for people who've had prostate surgery or similar and are suffering incontinence or weak bladder as a result but seem to be recommended more and more as a general good health exercise to do as us guys get older, for keeping our strength down there. Obviously talk to your GP about it, but they are easy to do.

martin-sheff
12-02-13, 10:33
update: Ive seen gp and i did mention oxybutynin but looked at me a bit funny and said its a medication given to women (im not a lady lol)
he has prescribed me detrusitol 1mg has im on other medications as well (non related) he did mention impotence,but not seen it on the leaflet the tablets come with.be helpfull if anyone reading this has taken (detrusitol ) ive got to go back in one mth to see how things are going.

PinkRoxy
13-02-13, 07:25
Im glad you got something for it. detrusitol is like oxybutynin I think and it does the same thing but I never heard of it only being for women aye. Do let us know how it goes but Im sore you will be fine. It took me about a month or so until I noticed any big improvements but for me its totally worth it aye. I would definitely stick with it.