PDA

View Full Version : Read a lot, now signed up

owlkeeper
07-02-13, 16:36
Hiya,

I'm Juliet, 34 years old from the Netherlands. I've had anxiety/panic attacks for years. It tends to come and go and at this point in time I'm having a lot of problems with it once again. The slightly tricky thing is that it always seems to make a come back in a different form or symptom so I don't always recognise it. Also got some medical problems so I'm not always sure what is the cause of what (so in other words if my stomach hurts don't know if it's due to an ulcer or due to to tensed muscles of the panic). So my anxiety is usually health related but when that happens I tend to avoid going outdoors and travelling with public transport as well, so there is agrophobia in it as well.

Okay that was the panic part, now the rest. I have 2 childeren, boys of 14 and 12. Got a very sweet partner who is great but doesn't know a lot about panic. I like creative stuff and keep a lot of animals (amongst which owls, hence my nickname :) )

Well that is about it..

Juliet

Annie0904
07-02-13, 16:40
Hi Juliet :welcome:

nomorepanic
07-02-13, 16:47
Hi owlkeeper

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

owlkeeper
07-02-13, 16:53
Thank you Annie 0904 and Forumadmin

Darbysa
07-02-13, 17:02
Hi juliet

You've come to the right place. I am new to this site myself and have already benefited from a kind and understanding word from others here.

My anxiety has returned after being relatively free of it for a while so I know how hard it is when that happens. I too have a very sweet husband who struggles to understand why I have this problem so it's good to have somewhere like this to turn to.

Wishing you well

Sal

owlkeeper
07-02-13, 17:24
Thank you for your kind words Sal!