PDA

View Full Version : New to the community

Hopefor2013
07-02-13, 18:35
Hi everyone
I have lurked for a month or so but decided to join yesterday. Long story short I woke up a few months ago with my hear racing and numbness in my limbs. I thought I was having a heart attack. I was put under observation in he cardiac unit - Did stress tests, ekgs, blood work - all of which came back negative. My heart is fine. I do have acid reflux issues that exacerbate my asthma. I think the acid reflux medication brought on the panic/anxiety symptoms. I have since stopped taking them and I am working on getting healthy - losing weight, eating better, avoiding stimulants and trying to exercise.
I am determined to beat this thing. I have a 7 yr old daughter and I would like to resume our little drives to the bookstore or craft store but I panic when I drive sometimes because I feel lightheaded. That has been one of the biggest challenges for me - the lightheadedness. If anyone has tips on what to do about it let me know

Well just saying hello to everyone and wishing us all a speedy recovery. :)

nomorepanic
07-02-13, 18:46
Hi Hopefor2013

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Annie0904
07-02-13, 18:52
Hi :welcome:

almamatters
07-02-13, 19:06
Hello :welcome: to the forum